Giving up the smokes (1 Viewer)

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
i'm just over a week of not smoking now and i've started to cough up loads of gross shit.. i've never really had a smokers cough but for the last few days i've been wheezing and coughing like a burst pair of nike air

no craving to smoke at all though..how long should i expect the hocking up my lungs to last?

oh yeah, the last couple of nights i've started having really bad nightmares too..really vivid and i remember everthing
does this mean i'm a junkie for the smokes?

george mcfly said:
i'm just over a week of not smoking now and i've started to cough up loads of gross shit.. i've never really had a smokers cough but for the last few days i've been wheezing and coughing like a burst pair of nike air

no craving to smoke at all though..how long should i expect the hocking up my lungs to last?

oh yeah, the last couple of nights i've started having really bad nightmares too..really vivid and i remember everthing
thats just all the shit leaving your body.
Hardest part is when you go drinking.
snares me every time.

george mcfly said:

You could be a junkie for the smokes but never had nightmares when i gave them up...depends on how many you smoked maybe?!
As for coughing crap out of your lungs. 3 weeks is when most of it should be gone...and you should feel miles better too...then don't look back.:)

Nightmares about wrestling snakes?
The cough should go awayafter a week or so. You'll be grand.

Hoods.JPG

Congrats!

Just past the week mark myself. I'm using a herbal thing called Plantago which seems to be helping with the lung clearing side of things.

Not my first time giving up but doesn't seem as bad this time as previous attempts.

george mcfly said:
i'm just over a week of not smoking now

fair dues and best of luck with it. i've been thinking hard about quitting myself recently cos they are killing me. i am in seriously bad shape.

Probably not what you want to hear but I was coughing up shite for months. But then I smoked for 16 years, and a lot of it unfiltered. I also caught every cold and annoying ailment going.

It's worth it though, off the smokes since October and (generally) feel great!

ICUH8N said:
Nightmares about wrestling snakes?
The cough should go awayafter a week or so. You'll be grand.

nah no dream snakes
silent hill type stuff..really good cgi

yeah even so..i do feel better already..had been cutting down for the last few months..but still was smoking maybe a ten box a day..more when i was out and about
funnily enough..was out on the absolute lash on friday and i didnt even get a craving, so finger crossed
all the coughing up stuff is gross though

im having a cigarette right now. i really want to give up though...longest i ever did was 3 months. argh, i hate being a slave to the cancer stick.

hey Bellatrix - did you manage to stay off them? remember you had a similar thread last year

Bellatrix said:
Yep.

Although lately when I go out I've been having the occasional one and convincing myself that it doesn't count.

ah occasional ones are grand i think..eventually
as long as you've just scabbed it off someone

c0De_n1NjA said:
am i dead? or maybe its just you can't see how alive i really am. come on in george, the water is brown.

lets settle this like Arnie and Apollo Creed at the start of Predator

CIA got you pushing too many pencils?

Bellatrix said:
Yep.

Although lately when I go out I've been having the occasional one and convincing myself that it doesn't count.

That's what sank me the last time I gave up.
Occassional smoke while out - next thing I know I'm standing at the counter in Spar after buying 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back