Giving up the smokes (1 Viewer)

Been using gum myself, I was using nicorette inhalers but I really wanted to get away from the whole smoking ritual so I stopped them and was reluctant to try the USB smokes for the same reason. One of my friends has been using one for a while though and is quite happy with it.

On a side note, I got my teeth professionally cleaned for the first time ever today. I was never great at brushing my teeth when I smoked, I don't know why. I hated the taste of toothpaste and I liked the taste of smokes I suppose. I've quite gappy teeth as well so there was a lot of tar on the sides of my teeth. Fucking disgusting basically. So I got them sandblasted, power washed and polished today and they look amazing (to me anyway). It's done a lot for my confidence and strengthened my resolve to stay off the fags.

On another side note, cigarettes must do some mad shit to your sense of taste. I've already mentioned the toothpaste thing. Really, brushing my teeth used to turn my stomach but I'm fine with it now. I also never ate anything particularly spicy or exotic. I would never in a million years have eaten Thai or Chinese food but I've been trying a lot of dishes out now and am loving it. Not smoking is brillo.

Thats awesome Diddles.Jaxes I need to my teeth cleaned.And after reading that I'm gonna.Never had it done before and god knows I could do with a confidence boost.

I'm a month of em now and I am deligheted.the last 10 days has been hell though because I came down with an unholy chest infection and was on POWER antibiotics for it that cleared it up but otherwise made me feel like shit.But I'm proper on the mend now.Never smoking again although the temptation does pop up regularly

The bastids.

I've given up too. I actually thought it would be easy because I was never a heavy smoker, but its proving really difficult. Still, 3 days and counting.

Eight months today.

borat-high-five.jpg

back off em.going well.cold turkey.confidence is high.

back off em.going well.cold turkey.confidence is high.

good man. off em nigh on seven months now myself. (with a combined total of four drunken drags from various cigs over that time. and about three dubes)

had a couple of packs of herbals cigs for first couple of weeks which helped really well for weening myself off the habit of smoking.

different strokes and all that though...

good man. off em nigh on seven months now myself. (with a combined total of four drunken drags from various cigs over that time. and about three dubes)

had a couple of packs of herbals cigs for first couple of weeks which helped really well for weening myself off the habit of smoking.

different strokes and all that though...
Thanks man..aww I was well off them..5 months until about 6 weeks ago..I was stressed and made the error.But I'm back into it now.The switch has once more been flicked.

back on the fuckers after 14 months. It was the most gradual downfall. had my first full cig after maybe 9 months. a couple here and there for 3 months. never more than one or 2 every fortnight. then I went and bought a holiday pouch of drum for my four days in london when visiting mates and its been steadily going tits up since especially with a couple of weddings thrown in for good measure.

point of post=occasional ones don't work. I will learn from this mistake though.

the price of fags is supposed to be going up another euro or so in the budgie next month.

at what stage does the price make smoking prohibitive?

was never a smoker so don't fully understand the psychology behind having to rationalise giving up, but fuck me, smoking in this country makes no sense.

loads of lads I work with who used to smoke and who had given up for years (all continental europeans, which somehow makes it more acceptable because its more 'cultural', or something), have all started back on them cos a new lad joined who smokes like a fucker. They're mostly assholes though so fuck them.

price was a major factor for me this time, it's just far too much to be spending on something so pointless when money's tight

sure maybe i'll take it up again when i have more cash

P1110684.jpg

woop woop

Good luck Nooly. I'm trying to give from up November 1st too. So far, so good. I'm using E Cigarettes. I have to say, it's working well. I have no craving for a fag, despite the fact that I'm having a drink, normally I'd be chain smoking now. This could well work, yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back