Giving up the smokes (1 Viewer)

the mammy said today she'd give up if i did.

What a pain in the arse. I'm too young to hate myself for smoking, too stupid too recognise the risks , and too indebted to the mammy not to give up so she will.

che. mammies, eh? you know.

A24975.jpg

fair play george. i gave up a year and a half ago and it was straight forward enough. for me. cos i'm fucking cool.

however, i was sick for about 3 months, non stop. got the flu (not man flu, actual flu) twice, once in may. caught everything going i did. but i'm grand now. never fitter. or fatter.

weird, giving the quitting thing a go today myself. have cut down to 2 or 3 a day, gonna go on the patch, as i haven't gone so much as one day in the last 17 years without a smoke. my will = weak. must do it though. too many weird pains to ignore anymore.

Hector Grey said:
fair play george. i gave up a year and a half ago and it was straight forward enough. for me. cos i'm fucking cool.

however, i was sick for about 3 months, non stop. got the flu (not man flu, actual flu) twice, once in may. caught everything going i did. but i'm grand now. never fitter. or fatter.

yeah i seem to be catching everything going..and for the first couple of weeks i had an insane bout of insomnia..seems to be getting a bit better now
i could easily become a fat bastard at the click of my fingers! am plagued constantly by hunger bubbles..but i'm doing loads of exercise stuff which is helping with the not smoking too

That's cool!

I'm just past 2 weeks... still not coughing anything up (TG)... but definitely struggling to control my food intake.

No cravings - which is really cool!

I put on mad weight, but i'm told the trick is, when you get a hunger pang, have an apple or something similar, don't go for a sammitch or a burger. Should be arite.

Cause my God complex is still in full flow I cant understand why anyone would want to give them up, no matter how wheezy one is. But I doubt Id smoke as much as yee a day. As I only smoke 10 a day and then maybe 25 or less if im going out that night etc.. But I can proudly say that even if some one was to give me a box of rotting lung for my brithday I wouldnt be turned off smoking, Id probaly blow smoke in their face. All because Ive got a god complex.

So in conclusion does this mean that when you start caring about their effects and stuff, are you loosing yer god complex thus becoming that old cranky bastard you promised you never would?

george mcfly said:
yeah i seem to be catching everything going..and for the first couple of weeks i had an insane bout of insomnia..seems to be getting a bit better now

Insomnia? Good lord, I found it hard to stay awake once I quit. I slept and slept and slept. So much in fact that I phoned the hypnotist to see did he say something that would make me fall asleep if I thought about fags. He laughed and said people are always asking him that.

It's been 9 months and I'm still dozy as fuck.

That's probably just my natural state though.

Catwoman said:
Insomnia? Good lord, I found it hard to stay awake once I quit. I slept and slept and slept. So much in fact that I phoned the hypnotist to see did he say something that would make me fall asleep if I thought about fags. He laughed and said people are always asking him that.

It's been 9 months and I'm still dozy as fuck.

That's probably just my natural state though.

yep wide awake all night even though i was bolloxed tired
it was horrible..
and i was super kranky too

how did the hynosis work out? did you have any cravings?

george mcfly said:
how did the hynosis work out? did you have any cravings?

Worked out great - one session and I never smoked again. Doesn't get rid of cravings, just makes them easier to deal with and you don't give into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back