girls! topshop sale! (1 Viewer)

krystal

Since 2000
they seem to have added new lines, I was in jervis yesterday getting a pressie for a mate and my heart giddied up about 100000000% when I saw the sale racks - so I have heaved myself out of bed even though I didn't get in it till 5am, and I am off to abuse my credit card some more.

kirstie said:
they seem to have added new lines, I was in jervis yesterday getting a pressie for a mate and my heart giddied up about 100000000% when I saw the sale racks - so I have heaved myself out of bed even though I didn't get in it till 5am, and I am off to abuse my credit card some more.

Oh, you shouldn't tell me these things. Pah! I must resist. Of course, by resisting such a sale, I will probably reward myself by overcompensating next time I see something I like. The pressure!

*Grumble* aoife and her sewing machine circle slowly, stare unbroken

Smashhhh ^boinnnggg^ - and like a tiger pounces on it's prey, she takes the machine by complete surprise, roaring it into submission. Stupid machine thinks it's too good to make a lovely '50's smart swingy' skirt.

sniffle Sewing machine begs forgiveness and promises to be good as Aoife shows it this thread and points threateningly to her monitor every time the sewing machine misbehaves.

We'll see.
Enjoy the sale.

I'm trying to convince my ma to go halves with me on a sewing machine, and then keep it in her house. She hasn't taken the bait yet.... she has one which I used to death when I was younger, I used to make stuff all the time, but the tension is fucked and it doesn't sew properly at all anymore.

Oh yes!

Well, I was informed yesterday that Urban Outfitters had one Chloe jacket left, which I have been coveting for months, but couldn't afford becuase it was 386 euro. Anyways it was down to 126 so I thought, ok fuck this, it's Chloe, I really want it and I am going to get it. It was gone, typical.

So in Topshop I got a brown and turquoise striped cardy with 3/4 length sleeves which was 22 down from 46 and a blue and white check cowboy shirt, 15 down from 33.

Get a sewing machine. They're the business. You can make yourself matching bags and headscarves. Fallelujah!

Skirt is starting to look like a skirt. It's not as easy as one might think. Ideas is ideas. Bad eyesight and clumsy man-hands are *not* best friends with sewing machines and ideas.

I don't have room, see. I have absolutely nowhere to put one. The whole delicate balance of going halves / her minding it in her frankly massive house (compared to my flat) must be approached with caution in case she thinks I just view her gaff as a dumping ground for all the stuff I can't fit in my flat. Which is er....kind of true.

I did home ec in school, I am the queen of making drindl skirts.

aoifed said:
Get a sewing machine. They're the business. You can make yourself matching bags and headscarves. Fallelujah!

Skirt is starting to look like a skirt. It's not as easy as one might think. Ideas is ideas. Bad eyesight and clumsy man-hands are *not* best friends with sewing machines and ideas.

aoifed said:

Ooooh....tempting. I used to sew loads when I was younger, but I can't remember how. Lately, though, I've found myself coming up with things I want, ideas for clothes that, if they do exist, I will never find them. So, maybe, like, I should hook myself up? I've got the room in my house now, and I figure that the money it would save me on clothes I'll never wear will make up for....uh, something. I hope.

Anyone know a good way to re-learn my old sewing skills?

I've no idea how to sew really. Me MAd sKilLz on the machine consist of wigglely all over the shop lines with bits of material stickin out. I'm learning.
The way I see it though, it's like being able to play the guitar. Everyone can play a little bit and do something passable. SOme people are even happy enough with this to go on stage and show other people. I'm like those guys. I'll wear me amateurish creations with pride, while everyone looks on kind of pityingly, but thinking- 'I could do that'. Call me 'Inspira'.

I once made a batwing shirt, in paisley, with buttonholes and all sorts of fancy goings-on. Jesass chraaaasssst. I was about 14 at the time, though.

jane said:
I figure that the money it would save me on clothes I'll never wear will make up for....uh, something. I hope.

I dunno would it save you money. I've always found the whole thing actually rather expensive, by the time you factor in fabric, accoutrements, patterns,and then however much you reckon your time is worth. I mean, do it cause it's fun, but I don't think you can count on it saving you money in the long term.

if you bought Prima though Helena, you could get a lovely pattREN free each week. Something stylish like a 'shirtwaister' dress, etc.

helena said:
I dunno would it save you money. I've always found the whole thing actually rather expensive, by the time you factor in fabric, accoutrements, patterns,and then however much you reckon your time is worth. I mean, do it cause it's fun, but I don't think you can count on it saving you money in the long term.

helena said:

True....

I know nice fabrics and all are expensive, but if it kept my little hands too busy to get at the credit card, it sure would save me something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back