• Thread starter roxy
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

roxy

Website
Visit site
I had my ears pierced when I was 6 years old and making my Communion.

Now I have unattached earlobes (yknow how attached or unattached earlobes a genetically inherited trait, and that unattached ones hang down a little bit).

Well, anyway, I never ever wear earrings, coz I've always felt the hole was a little too high up - right in the centre of the lobe. I've always been convinced that any sort of stud earrings look really crap and dangly ones look weird coz they start too high up.

Been thinkin recently that I might get them pierced again, a little lower down. But I wonder should I even bother?

How much difference do earrings make anyway? I never really pass much heed I have to say. Any of ye girls (and goys) particularly attached to your ear piercings?

I'm surprised too that mine haven't closed up given the number of years they've been out of commission. But the human body, 'tis a wondrous thing.

i was never allowed get my ears pierced till i was about 16, and by then i didn't want them done any more. i later let my friend's boyfriend pierce one of them, but i'm really bad at healing stuff (i still have a scar on the back of my neck where my nape piercing developed an abscess) that it went all gooky and disgusting within about a month.

So, in conclusion, I have no opinion on ear piercings on other people, and I cannot be arsed with them on myself, and should never have started this post in the first place.

roxy said:
I had my ears pierced when I was 6 years old and making my Communion.

Now I have unattached earlobes (yknow how attached or unattached earlobes a genetically inherited trait, and that unattached ones hang down a little bit).

Well, anyway, I never ever wear earrings, coz I've always felt the hole was a little too high up - right in the centre of the lobe. I've always been convinced that any sort of stud earrings look really crap and dangly ones look weird coz they start too high up.

Been thinkin recently that I might get them pierced again, a little lower down. But I wonder should I even bother?

How much difference do earrings make anyway? I never really pass much heed I have to say. Any of ye girls (and goys) particularly attached to your ear piercings?

I'm surprised too that mine haven't closed up given the number of years they've been out of commission. But the human body, 'tis a wondrous thing.

i keep forgetting i have them, they've outlasted all my other piercings.
one's a small ring 1/3 the way up my left ear (so 90's), the other's an orbital in my right earlobe. difficult to clean that one. you can't beat that funky cheese smell.

Muscle Beach said:
i keep forgetting i have them, they've outlasted all my other piercings.
one's a small ring 1/3 the way up my left ear (so 90's), the other's an orbital in my right earlobe. difficult to clean that one. you can't beat that funky cheese smell.

I never knew you were a girl. :) You might say there's a lot of things I never knew.

I think I will get them done again, when I have some free time, which won't be for about 5 months...:(

roxy said:
I never knew you were a girl. :) You might say there's a lot of things I never knew.

I think I will get them done again, when I have some free time, which won't be for about 5 months...:(

Ah now, piercing takes about 20 minutes.... but worrying if the hole that is there is too high up sounds like one of those details that a person notices about themselves and nobody else does. Perhaps you could try wearing earrings for a while and bear feeling weird... betcha it wouldn't look/feel so odd after a couple of days.
Ear piercings are deadly. There's some real lovely earrings out there and they can totally transform your face/outfit.

I've got a couple of scars on my face and an ear full of holes from piercings. Stupid cool teenager Aoife just didn't think of me at all.

aoifed said:
Ah now, piercing takes about 20 minutes....

But that's 20 minutes that I just don't HAVE!!!!! Breath IN..out...IN...out... Final year in college is not good for the heart. And it's only gonna get worse.

A friend of mine was telling me when he was doing his final year projects, some friends of his called over to say hello and were alarmed by his appearance and overall demeanour. They told him afterwards that he had been rambling and hadn't finished any of his sentences.
He said that even making them tea made him get emotional...:eek:

I've retired all my piercings besides my tongue piercing, which I'm quite sentimental about even if it is tacky and stoopid. All my ear piercings besides tragus (mm, crunchy) are still open, but I'd look pretty biker-tastic if I was to wear jewellry in all of them.

Roxy, if you're between minds bout whether or not it's worth getting your ears pierced again, just take a look at the earrings in Monsoon Accessorize... Earring envy is a very strong and affecting emotion.

roxy said:

I used to work in a Claire's Accessories where part of my job was piercing ears with a gun. (Yes, I know it's better to go to an actual body piercer).

The guide we used to use was that the hole should be the same distance from the side of yr face as it is from the bottom of yr lobe. Not that this is much use to you. Anyway, we regularly used to get people coming in to get their ears pierced again cos they didn't like where their holes were (hoho), so it's a common thing to do.

I'd like having my ears pierced a lot better if I wasn't allergic to practically everything, hence why 95% of my jewelry is made of plastic.

zeelander said:
I've retired all my piercings besides my tongue piercing, which I'm quite sentimental about even if it is tacky and stoopid.

the last of mine to go, apart from the ears... feels amazing when it's gone tho. for about ten minutes. :(

helena said:
I'd like having my ears pierced a lot better if I wasn't allergic to practically everything, hence why 95% of my jewelry is made of plastic.

my god, you are the anti-me - plastic earrings make my ears go all urghy. well, the ones i used to get in tommy's wonderland of value in northside when i was 11 did...

i have two piercings still open in each ear (dating from age 10 and age 13), though i didn't wear earrings for ages when i had really short hair, and mostly wear just silver sleepers now. i got a pair of swanky earrings for christmas though, so i may branch out further in the field of ear decoration. never felt tempted to pierce any other bits of my head, partly because i wear glasses and i figured there was quite enough metal there already.

and yes, i'm sure the slightly-off-centre piercing is noticeable only to you!

minka said:
and yes, i'm sure the slightly-off-centre piercing is noticeable only to you!

Wellt he plan is that it's not noticeable to ANYONE, even me, coz i don't put anything in it! Yeah it was pierced by someone in feckin Pride and Joy in donaghmede, sheer professionals every one, I'm sure. But if I do put an earring in I feel like I'm in a ska band ysee. And that's grand, but not for me.

I'd say they did piercings in Tommy's too, Minka, eh? They seemed to sell whatever you needed. You need one of them? I can get ye one of them. Ah a grand spot though. :D Is it still there I wonder?

roxy said:
I'd say they did piercings in Tommy's too, Minka, eh? They seemed to sell whatever you needed. You need one of them? I can get ye one of them. Ah a grand spot though. :D Is it still there I wonder?

you know, i've no idea. i must ask my mother. a quality shop, though - plastic jewellery, constance carroll sparkly nail varnish (favourite shade = "pink illusions"), weird toys unavailable anywhere else (i seem to remember them having some sort of barbie type doll who got a tan in the sun...).

mercifully, my ears were not pierced in tommy's - i think the first lot were done in a hairdresser in skerries, and the next lot in a hairdresser on grafton st. i had another piercing higher up in one ear, though that seems to have vanished...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back