Girl Band On Tour (1 Viewer)

7f23dcfbe64e4348bd21e29b1ec76fb1_XL.jpg

The hard-working Dublin noise rock unit play six dates around Ireland in between jaunts to Europe

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
would you believe i had a mild brain fart and said oxymoron when i meant to use that phrase which implies 'noise' is a meaningless qualification to 'rock' as rock is meant to be noisy, and my brain fart is continuing as i still can't think of the phrase.

Good rhythm section.

I'm a little baffled by their level of popularity here. Not because they're bad but because what they do is often so nasty sounding. I just wouldn't expect some of the people I know that like them to like them.

That’s to do with how popular they are, and in turn please easily led people who otherwise have zero interest in similar music.

Reminds me of mates of mine who’d go see Metallica but refuse to listen to the likes of The Melvins.

They have a production skill that keeps the noise from getting too harsh, plus a really powerful clean vocal. I think they've really mastered that crossover of experimental/noisey and accessible.

I'll go out on a limb and say I don't really get the hype. I wish them well but I don't hear anything i haven't heard before - post-punk rhythms, singer sounds a bit Mark E. Smith, put a bit of noise guitar on top... weren't we all laughing when the NME promoted this kind of thing in 2007?

Ultimately nothing matters except being a force for good to the ones that love you

But the Thumped hive mind (hive prick? prick mind?) usually has good takes on local acts

As evidenced in the above replies, the system works, Sleepy

Ah fair enough.

For what it's worth I think they're excellent. Holding Hands with Jamie is a brilliant album and the new one sounds great on first couple of listens. I'm going to see them in November myself. Haven't seen them in years. Really looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back