gigs, dublin punk scene, etc.. (1 Viewer)

no_exit

Website
www.livejournal.com
i'm moving to dublin from new york and was wondering if anyone has any links to where gigs are posted? this thumped.com doesn't really seem to have any gigs that would interest me ( hardcore, punk, ska, etc...). also, how is the scene over there? in new york theres not really a punk scene, its mostly emo/hardcore...

You can probably read about most gigs here. Da Scene :D is going allright, some arseholes though... *shakes head* There's a lotta rockin' bands though!!!

You stupid fucking cunt. Of course there's a punk scene in new york. Did all the real punks flee new york after the planes hit? Everyone's just crying into their microphones and joining emo bands? FUCK OFF, we don't like cunts like you coming over here to tell us that your scene is better, 10 times bigger and asking us why we don't have as many studs and patches as you. You'll be getting really drunk on half a bottle of cider, fall over and get sick at the gig. Your nasal accent will tear through our fucking ears, everytime you speak, we'll want to knock seven shades of shit out of you, Al-Qaeda style. So just don't come over, the lads won't drink with ya, the girls won't look at ya and you won't enjoy it.

I dunno... fuckin Americans

we're a lovely bunch of people, honest..

hey no exit. sorry for strange guy's remarks(strange guy please dont bother giving out to me for apologising on your behalf - i think it was necessary, dont you?). dublin's scene fluctuates, but theres always a gig on somewhere .. we're a nice bunch of people :) you might want to check out the eirecore website - www.eirecore.cjb.net it'll have listings of the gigs going on(well at least the ones that weeler knows about:p) and there's always us punx here on the message board.

gz, dublins weekly punk club, has a mailing list and stuff, the people behind the email address are very lovely and you should write to them, im sure if ya ask nicely they will give u some kindof a schedual of events for the next while, its [email protected] but correct me if im wrong anyone, im pretty sure its right.

jokes on you

whats the difference between america and a glass of milk and america?

if ye leave a glass of milk alone for long enough it developes its own culture!!!!!

and by the way strange guy how many studs and patches do you have?

Re: jokes on you

Originally posted by ROB
whats the difference between america and a glass of milk and america?

ARGHH!!! you got it wrong (said america TWICE !!)

look strange guy,you can just fuck off. i was just attempting to inform myself about the place i'm going to be spending my next 4 years at. by the way, there really ISNT a punk scene in new york, believe it or not. yeah, there may be lots of 'punks' or people that call themselves that, but there are no new bands popping up, and very few 'punk' shows these days, only a bunch of fashion punks too high on whatever drugs theyre doing. youre the first shitty irish person i've ever met, and hopefully the last. if i ever meet you at a gig in dublin, i'll gladly kick you in the face.

Taking it up the arse is AOK by me, buddy.

Ah now, we're all 'right on' here, no more of this homophobic business. Takin it up the hershey highway and all. Get it right, cuntknocker. It's 'The arse' over here in Ireland. We don't need to fuck around with chocolate euphemisms. We're a bunch of cunts with little time.
And what's wrong with taking it up the arse? Your mother seems to like it. Probably just because her gee is so loose, she can't feel your little pecker hit the sides. Arses are alot tighter. Ask her. Educate yourself, foo'.

you hilarious fex! Ireland röxxx!

.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| Ah you people are sweet. Props to all y'all for being so nice to the new yawkah. I'm in seattle (so we're friendly culchies with potent hemp products) and from digging around thumped.com, it looks like the whole island has some fkn awesome assortment of gigs, music, RAWKING. You cannot believe how hard it is to put on shows in seattle. The state liquor control board controls live music access-- so, if you serve booze, no minors (under 21's) in the show, with very limited variation. Through weird puritanical zeal, it was ILLEGAL until a few weeks ago to put up fliers or posters on light poles. I myself have been threatened by seattle's finest (well, who hasn't?) with arrest if I didn't take down a flier. Rock city my fetid bung!! Some good hearted folks go to all the expense(mandatory $2mil insurance bond if it's an all-age show), hire the required off-duty cops at $62/hour, hire sound, etc . and try to recoup...Thank god I'm probably old enough to have fathered some of you whippersnappers, 'cause at least I can get publicly wrecked and see RAWK when I want to in this over-yuppified place. Any youse coming to west coast usa? I set up gigs here sometimes.

seattle huh? u know maurices little bastards and the holy gost revival? there from that wee island i think(,y geography is bad, i think its bainbridge, is that the one near ya? its seattle area anyhow) but anyhows, made friends with them a while back when i was over, fucking amazing live bands, and really nice poeple to.

reply to karenzer

Yo karenzer-- I've heard of maurice's little bastards etc, but I don't know them. I think they are from bainbridge, along with lots of other bands. I'm not an MxPx fan, but I'll admit that they've been really supportive of the scene on Bainbridge(they're from there). So many young punky bands here! My pal Joe Baccus from a band called Old Man Smithers (old school west coast kinda hardcore)sez maurice's etc are super nice kids. It's true here like everywhere probably, the punk kids are SO nice and supportive of each other. Like we always hope it will be.!.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back