Getting paid through PayPal (1 Viewer)

Bladez

I set up a PayPal account so as to be able to receive money. I want to then transfer that money from the PayPal account into my AIB bank account. I was wondering :

- Do I need to set up the PayPal account with a credit card? Is this a prerequisite to using PayPal? I don't wish to pay any money from my own account into my PayPal account, just withdraw from it. Plus, I don't have a credit card in the first place, just a Laser card.

- How long does it take to transfer money from a PayPal account into an Irish bank account? The PayPal website says 5 days but I'd be interested in any experiences.

Thanks!

- Do I need to set up the PayPal account with a credit card? Is this a prerequisite to using PayPal?
technically, no. but......

I don't wish to pay any money from my own account into my PayPal account, just withdraw from it. Plus, I don't have a credit card in the first place, just a Laser card.
if you start receiving large amounts of unexplained money into your account (aka wages) you most likely will be asked to explain this by

1) adding a credit card and completing the 'expanded use process' so you might want to be sure you have internet banking unless you want to wait around for you next statement

2) faxing/uploading photo I.D. and proof of address. I would absolutely recommend uploading as it's a million times faster on all sides.

3) possibly faxing/uploading proof that this money is for wages

4) if you live in england you would also be asked to confirm your bank and phone number. If this is yes, say so and i'll explain how this could totally fuck you up if you don't do it right

- How long does it take to transfer money from a PayPal account into an Irish bank account? The PayPal website says 5 days but I'd be interested in any experiences.
5 WORKING days is about right, this is just how banks work in general and nothing to do with PayPal

PayPal reserve the right to hold your money for up to 180 days if you don't follow the steps and there's absolutely no way around this.

at all.

anyway, if you set it up properly once then it will never affect you again but be warned......

technically, no. but......

if you start receiving large amounts of unexplained money into your account (aka wages) you most likely will be asked to explain this by

1) adding a credit card and completing the 'expanded use process' so you might want to be sure you have internet banking unless you want to wait around for you next statement

2) faxing/uploading photo I.D. and proof of address. I would absolutely recommend uploading as it's a million times faster on all sides.

3) possibly faxing/uploading proof that this money is for wages

4) if you live in england you would also be asked to confirm your bank and phone number. If this is yes, say so and i'll explain how this could totally fuck you up if you don't do it right

5 WORKING days is about right, this is just how banks work in general and nothing to do with PayPal

PayPal reserve the right to hold your money for up to 180 days if you don't follow the steps and there's absolutely no way around this.

at all.

anyway, if you set it up properly once then it will never affect you again but be warned......

Thanks for the info!

The trouble is I don't have a credit card. Otherwise I would have no qualms about attaching it to the PayPal account.

Its just a once-off payment. I'm not going to make a habit of this. Its not much money - about 1000 euro. So it still fits into the conditions of the personal account.

I'll upload some proof of address if this makes things go more smoothly. The last thing I want is the money to be left hanging in the PayPal account.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it.

A once off payment for a grand will look weird on the system, money laundering works in small payments so the small amount doesn't make a difference plus a brand new account receiving a large enough sum out of nowhere........
you might get away with it but this is the shit I deal with every day

also, make sure the name on the paypal account is the same as what's on your bank account...

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it.

A once off payment for a grand will look weird on the system, money laundering works in small payments so the small amount doesn't make a difference plus a brand new account receiving a large enough sum out of nowhere........
you might get away with it but this is the shit I deal with every day

can you put a once off payment into my paypal account? pm me for details.

:( OK - best get a cheque sent in the post then.

I thought that this was what PayPal is designed for. What about people selling stuff on ebay - do they not run into this kind of problem?

Looks like its vegetable stew and cans of tuna for the next fortnight then....

can you put a once off payment into my paypal account? pm me for details.

How about you PM me WITH details and we'll see what laws we can break

:( OK - best get a cheque sent in the post then.

I thought that this was what PayPal is designed for. What about people selling stuff on ebay - do they not run into this kind of problem?

yeah, all the time.

30% of my job is general queries and people who can't use computers
30% is people who are pissed off cos paypal is asking them for too much information, 'I understand security but anyone at PayPal could commit identity fraud now, I AM WHO I SAY I AM, WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME OVER THE PHONE???"
30% is people pissed off cos someone ripped them off and PayPal couldn't get their money back "I thought you were safe???"

10% is break and legal threats

also, make sure the name on the paypal account is the same as what's on your bank account...

The name on the PayPal account is the same as that on the bank account. Plus my email address is linked to the account. Plus I'm sending an invoice using the PayPal invoicing feature. So I'm making it fairly explicit who I am and what the money is for.

is it easy enough to put money from paypal into an Irish bank account? My friend sent me money from Israel to pay for tickets for something and now I have 60e in a paypal account that I subsequently owe to my mother for using her credit card to buy the tickets....I was going to just spend it on stuff online and give my mum the cash but now I'm broke so I can't. So i've just gone and complicated the whole thing and need to put the money into a bank account.
Does it really only take 5 days?

Guh, it's after midnight and I'm making no sense....

The name on the PayPal account is the same as that on the bank account. Plus my email address is linked to the account. Plus I'm sending an invoice using the PayPal invoicing feature. So I'm making it fairly explicit who I am and what the money is for.

providing you're telling the truth in your invoice and it's not a stolen e-mail address.

It might work no problem but I can't guarantee it. If you've had an account for a while and sign in from the same computer and/or i.p. address it'll be taken into account. Make sure you have your mobile phone number correct on the account in case someone from Fraud rings you, that can prevent these things

is it easy enough to put money from paypal into an Irish bank account? My friend sent me money from Israel to pay for tickets for something and now I have 60e in a paypal account that I subsequently owe to my mother for using her credit card to buy the tickets....I was going to just spend it on stuff online and give my mum the cash but now I'm broke so I can't. So i've just gone and complicated the whole thing and need to put the money into a bank account.
Does it really only take 5 days?

Guh, it's after midnight and I'm making no sense....

just stick your account number onto the account under the bank section and withdraw the money, it'll take around five days though yeah

There was a mad scam on ebay the other day, some fella selling things from an alleged 'gar da auction' (to avoid the keyword filters), had received about a hundred or so positive feedback from one user (aka himself) and a couple of thousand quid from gullible people who thought that garda auctions regularly involve gigantic plasma screen tv's

if anything goes astray Bladez gimme a shout and i'll see if I can do anything

Cheers! I was just going to go ahead and do it, but I'm glad I asked first. I didn't realise that these kind of transactions were inspected in such detail. Good information.

So I have a paypal account from when I lived in Wales. I now want to add an Irish bank account to it, is that possible? All I can find is adding Brit accounts and visa cards(I don't have one). Also tried starting an new paypal to see if I could with that. Please help.

Lonely in Donegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back