Getting more emotional as you age (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Is this a thing? It's certainly happening to me. I happened across "Fisherman's Blues" on spotify lately, which I hadn't listened to in donkey's years, and "A bang on the ear" had me all teary (not actually crying now mind, steady on there). I had to go all silent while I was sweeping the floor and just potter around the kitchen not talking to or looking at anyone until it was over. I dunno what the story was, it's not as if I had a load of girlfriends like the song's protagonist or anything. Grief for my lost youth maybe?

Is this a thing? It's certainly happening to me. I happened across "Fisherman's Blues" on spotify lately, which I hadn't listened to in donkey's years, and "A bang on the ear" had me all teary (not actually crying now mind, steady on there). I had to go all silent while I was sweeping the floor and just potter around the kitchen not talking to or looking at anyone until it was over. I dunno what the story was, it's not as if I had a load of girlfriends like the song's protagonist or anything. Grief for my lost youth maybe?

“The change”

Your chakras are probably out of whack. I get teary at music all the time, most recently last weekend watching a crowded house concert from last year on YouTube. I that case I think it was a bit like those dreams where somebody/something gone is really back. Not so much that crowded house were gone and then back but more like those times that coincided with when they were also aroun, when we were all young etc

As the nostalgia grows more palpable, and all of that.

I've always been a hyper emotional flower, so I can only imagine where I'm going.

Swear to God, Dancing Queen came on the radio earlier and I got all emotional thinking about it. Send help.

I think I told this story before. While driving Weezer's Let It All Hang Out came on the stereo. If I wasn't in a full car I swear I'd have pulled over and taken a minute. On the surface it is a dumb party song I heard frustration and yearning. The protagonist in this song isn't going out with his homies and he knows it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back