Getting in to gigs when you're underage (1 Viewer)

“LOOK, FAIR ENOUGH, I FANCY HER TOO, BUT I ALSO HAVE BOTH PROFESSIONAL AND PARENTAL REASONS TO BE HERE, OK?”

might be tricky to fit on one board in a readable way
the father ted approach:

Dcw6WX7WkAATpjh.jpg

I used to bunk onto the Dart and get off in Seapoint and walk up to the Comhaltas Ceoltóirí because you'd get served at any age at all it seemed.

You'd be all sneaked in, getting the pints, staying as anonymous as possible, and out of nowhere a gig was underway. And it was tough it out or stay sober. So, yeah, you do what you have to do.

Some of the gigs were actually quite good it turned out. Then all you had to do was the drunken sprint for the last Dart into town and you'd have yourself an economical night.

I used to bunk onto the Dart and get off in Seapoint and walk up to the Comhaltas Ceoltóirí because you'd get served at any age at all it seemed.

You'd be all sneaked in, getting the pints, staying as anonymous as possible, and out of nowhere a gig was underway. And it was tough it out or stay sober. So, yeah, you do what you have to do.

Some of the gigs were actually quite good it turned out. Then all you had to do was the drunken sprint for the last Dart into town and you'd have yourself an economical night.
bizarrely the prison officers club was the goto for underage drinking in portlaoise. cheap beer too. and they held very occasional gigs from local young lad bands.

Someone posted a picture of their ticket for Metallica in the top hat.
It was the first gig I went to when I was 13 & probably underage.
The price. £9.50

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Someone posted a picture of their ticket for Metallica in the top hat.
It was the first gig I went to when I was 13 & probably underage.
The price. £9.50

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i was at both of those gigs. €9.50 was more expensive compared to the usual prices. Was the same for Slayer too.

I wanted to go to Mitski with my eldest daughter, as did @hugh with his. We prevaricated* over the under-18 issue (my daughter will be three months off 18) and missed out.

* forgot**

** dementia ***

*** in Hugh's case

So there's an auld story for you.

(There was also the issue that Mitski's crossover appeal to teenage girls and middle aged men that made me slightly questioning of my motivations above and beyond just going to a gig with my daughter, and my daughter possibly being privy to such possibilities, or at least suspicious of their existence, which made me think twice and thus miss the boat.)
Did you guys manage to get tickets in the end?
I’m hoping it’s one of the gigs covered under the new anti touting rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back