Getting in to gigs when you're underage (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Not me, obvs, but my eldest is 16 now and would fucking love to go and see Beach Bunny in the workman's in Feb. What would be her chances of getting in if she had a ticket? To me she looks the same as she did when she was 5, so I'm unqualified to say if she looks 18 (apart from the bleached hair), but she is tiny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ELISU6NWwAIX01G.jpg

but she is tiny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've observed that a lot of females are quite small...regardless of age. Much smaller than the average male. So I don't think this will be an issue. Just tell her to get a load of make up on and she'll be grand

Not me, obvs, but my eldest is 16 now and would fucking love to go and see Beach Bunny in the workman's in Feb. What would be her chances of getting in if she had a ticket? To me she looks the same as she did when she was 5, so I'm unqualified to say if she looks 18 (apart from the bleached hair), but she is tiny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
doesn't she have a fake ID yet?

I wanted to go to Mitski with my eldest daughter, as did @hugh with his. We prevaricated* over the under-18 issue (my daughter will be three months off 18) and missed out.

* forgot**

** dementia ***

*** in Hugh's case

So there's an auld story for you.

(There was also the issue that Mitski's crossover appeal to teenage girls and middle aged men that made me slightly questioning of my motivations above and beyond just going to a gig with my daughter, and my daughter possibly being privy to such possibilities, or at least suspicious of their existence, which made me think twice and thus miss the boat.)

(There was also the issue that Mitski's crossover appeal to teenage girls and middle aged men that made me slightly questioning of my motivations above and beyond just going to a gig with my daughter, and my daughter possibly being privy to such possibilities, or at least suspicious of their existence, which made me think twice and thus miss the boat.)

Yeah thats a minefield. Like you could maybe make a sandwhich board that says 'here both as a parent and a songwriter/musician type' which might save you from being conversationed by the middle age men who are there for all the other reasons.

Yeah thats a minefield. Like you could maybe make a sandwhich board that says 'here both as a parent and a songwriter/musician type' which might save you from being conversationed by the middle age men who are there for all the other reasons.
"Other reasons" meaning to protect their daughters from one another?

“LOOK, FAIR ENOUGH, I FANCY HER TOO, BUT I ALSO HAVE BOTH PROFESSIONAL AND PARENTAL REASONS TO BE HERE, OK?”

might be tricky to fit on one board in a readable way

I mean, get the ticket for her anyway, obviously. Better to try than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back