Getting a mac fixed (1 Viewer)

Tough question. That exact Mac 2nd hand is going to be 800 or more and a new one in the thousands.
I'd say go for the new battery and you're good for another ten years probably.

is it €400 for supply and fit, or just supply?
i once opened a friend's macbook for him, about 15 years ago (i used to work on laptops for dell). it was insane the amount of work it took to open the mac.

I’d replace the battery. Whatever laptop you get for €400 won’t be as good as the MacBook you have.

I second this.
I also question why the fuck a new battery is €400?

That's a DIY job for sure.

Replaced the HD and DVD drive in my 2012 MacBook relatively hassle free.

I do know someone will just tell you GAMI

I second this.

Replaced the HD and DVD drive in my 2012 MacBook relatively hassle free.

I do know someone will just tell you GAMI

Also, replace your SATA drive with an SSD (if you haven't already) if you're going to have it opened anyway. My 10 year old MacBook was close to retirement but honestly feels like a new machine with the new SSD. Night and day difference

I second this.

Never even occurred to me to DIY, just assumed it'd be impossible with a mac - though reading @magicbastarder 's post maybe I'm better off. They're claiming that a battery replacement means they have to replace the whole "top case" which means keyboard/trackpad/etc too, that's why it's so dear. Been looking around online and the battery seems to be glued to the top case for that particular mac

Never even occurred to me to DIY, just assumed it'd be impossible with a mac - though reading @magicbastarder 's post maybe I'm better off. They're claiming that a battery replacement means they have to replace the whole "top case" which means keyboard/trackpad/etc too, that's why it's so dear. Been looking around online and the battery seems to be glued to the top case for that particular mac

Anyway - thanks for your input lads. I went ahead and said "yes" to the repair (and @ernesto it already had an SSD)

sound slike a different model and hassle alright.
the finnicky stuff is not worth the stress so good choice

it's fucking nuts that something like a battery is glued into a machine, and replacement of it means trashing other parts.
normally with wintel laptops, the laptop will carry a longer guarantee than the battery.

it's fucking nuts that something like a battery is glued into a machine, and replacement of it means trashing other parts.
normally with wintel laptops, the laptop will carry a longer guarantee than the battery.
It’s almost like they just want you to buy a whole new Mac whenever anything goes wrong…

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back