General Election 24th May (2 Viewers)

yeah, most people I know seem to be voting green alright.

as I mentioned earlier I havr two polling cards; my da rang me up this morning trying to convince me to come up and vote for the local FF head who had done him a favour in the past. hahahah yeah right...

Apparently it's all going to be quite close in Dublin West, with three candidates going for two seats. Why do I care? Well, because one of the three is Joe Higgins. As in, Joe, the best TD in the Dail, Higgins.

The media are predicting that he should keep the seat, ahead of the extremely irritating Joan Burton and a Fine Gael right winger but nobody can be sure. So if you live in Dublin West make sure to get out and vote.

I'll be really surprised if the green party don't do really well tomorrow....
colour me pessimistic. labour, fg et al will suffer from the "better the devil you know" factor.
i gave green my no.3 this morning; it would have been higher, except mckenna is known to be a little bit batshit, i am told.

has there been any discussion about the idea of voting against your actual preference with strategic intent? i keep running across discussion of it, but feel pretty strongly that since this is my only opportunity to exercise my preference and represent my opinions, i can only vote for the candidate(s) i would genuinely like to see in office. and also that voting for a christian democrat party makes me as queasy as the idea of seeing the same smug fuckers get back in again.

i voted for that squinty eyed fucker ahead of bertie, anyway. i voted for everyone on the ballot paper, bar FF, PD (which came as a surprise to me, there was no publicity about him at all) and SF.

i voted for that squinty eyed fucker ahead of bertie, anyway. i voted for everyone on the ballot paper, bar FF, PD (which came as a surprise to me, there was no publicity about him at all) and SF.

SF, PD and FF got lashings of negative space on my paper too.

I also found out that Richard Boyd Barrett lives in a house called 'Brigadoon'.

511978219_9c7ec7c077_o.jpg

I voted on my way to work. I enjoy the nosiness of knowing where the candidates live - three of the four people i gave a preference to live in Howth. I think it's interesting that Howth and Sutton are in the same constituency as darndale. Should make it hard to call.

It seems that everyone i speak to is voting green. Either they'll have a really good election or else I seem to have drifted into some tree-hugger clique over the past few years.

It seems that everyone i speak to is voting green. Either they'll have a really good election or else I seem to have drifted into some tree-hugger clique over the past few years.

OR they're actually lying to you and they'll go in to the booth and vote FF, in the same helpless way that a dog's leg twitches when you scratch his belly.

Do the PDs need a minimum of seats to go into government with FF again or can they get in even with just one seat?

I can just about bear FF getting in again. Just about. but I'll go out of my mind if the PDs get in. I FUCKING HATE THEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back