General election 2020 (6 Viewers)

When this blew up first I remember wondering why any party would try to make hay with this, given the near inevitability there would be at least some honest omission or outright dodginess in their own books that would be thrown back at them.. Sinn Féin faces Sipo investigation over spending on election database
Yeah, it's an interesting read all the same. It's quite carefully worded, like The Irish Times is going out of its way to make a story out of information that's been around for ages. Like, I'm sure it's all true but it also reads like an attack.

I was listening to their politics podcast a few months back and they were all moaning that Sinn Fein have really good message discipline and always stay on topic when asked questions, and they can't get any decent leaks out of them, and the journalists were really a bit outraged about it all. Obviously they painted it as best as they could as proof that Sinn Fein are basically run by Stalin.

But sure that's the Irish Times, Fine Gaelers at heart, even if they won't admit it to themselves.

All the political news stories are broken by the Ditch these days, which AFAIK is two people, one of whom isn't a journalist, funded by Paddy Cosgrave with a grudge. Like, why is it impossible for any journalists in Ireland to actually find these stories? It's almost as if they don't want to.

When this blew up first I remember wondering why any party would try to make hay with this, given the near inevitability there would be at least some honest omission or outright dodginess in their own books that would be thrown back at them.. Sinn Féin faces Sipo investigation over spending on election database

Doesn't really compare to the Donohoe stuff though. More like FG trying to distract from their own corruption but sure it is Irish politics so they're all corrupt at the end of the day. Happy to see them all shown up for it.

Yeah, it's an interesting read all the same. It's quite carefully worded, like The Irish Times is going out of its way to make a story out of information that's been around for ages. Like, I'm sure it's all true but it also reads like an attack.

I was listening to their politics podcast a few months back and they were all moaning that Sinn Fein have really good message discipline and always stay on topic when asked questions, and they can't get any decent leaks out of them, and the journalists were really a bit outraged about it all. Obviously they painted it as best as they could as proof that Sinn Fein are basically run by Stalin.

But sure that's the Irish Times, Fine Gaelers at heart, even if they won't admit it to themselves.

its all about spinning from all sides..
Doesn't really compare to the Donohoe stuff though. More like FG trying to distract from their own corruption but sure it is Irish politics so they're all corrupt at the end of the day. Happy to see them all shown up for it.

Yeah it’s not exactly an apples to apples comparison - but I’d be very surprised if any of the parties didn’t have some fuck up or concealment in their returns to Sipo -

Times is fairly pro-fg at times - particularly some of their columnists (im looking at you Stephen Collins)

its all about spinning from all sides..

Yeah it’s not exactly an apples to apples comparison - but I’d be very surprised if any of the parties didn’t have some fuck up or concealment in their returns to Sipo -

Times is fairly pro-fg at times - particularly some of their columnists (im looking at you Stephen Collins)

Always pro FG.

Great piece by him today! Still outraged that the rules had to apply to Phil Hogan.

As for Damien English, he just forgot he owned a house, sure who hasn't done that?

This appears to have settled into the general affairs of the nation thread I suppose.

Getting concerned about the whole "lots of nazis/people who have no compunction about hanging out with nazis though they themselves wouldn't identify as such* about" business.

* They are also nazis.

Yeah, this lot and what they've been up to is nothing to worry about

Yeah, this lot and what they've been up to is nothing to worry about
being Irish is nothing to be proud of at the best of times.
I'd deport a six figure amount of people tomorrow and all of them are white Irish lunkheads.
this is a bog standard country and the people only came here in desperation.
shouldn't be too hard to arrest the nazis that attacked them.

How do you reckon? Unless they live streamed it themselves

Well obviously they were putting about SM in advance.. problem more being would any of the guys attacked report it to the cops?
Having once tried to report a crime (sex assault) on behalf of someone else years ago I was told the victim would have to go to guards themselves

Kitty Holland isn’t exactly a junior reporter. She was there before it started and witnessed it happening, and then interviewed the victims. Hard to reconcile that with the cops showing up late and saying “no injuries reported.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back