General election 2020 (2 Viewers)

a friend of a friend was special branch and used to have to take an uzi around with him at times. they were hated because they were heavy, inaccurate and unreliable, IIRC.
the uzis, i mean. i don't know if the special branch were too.

An “unarmed police force” is a bit of a myth. Something like 12% of them are plain clothes and armed, plus the armed response unit.
I saw an unmarked car nearly run over a guy at a zebra crossing where North Circular meets Phibsborough Rd. tea time Saturday.
the guy started to walk across when light went green and the car without any warning started to move towards him. silly driver then put siren on too late.

An “unarmed police force” is a bit of a myth. Something like 12% of them are plain clothes and armed, plus the armed response unit.
12% isnt nothing but it's 12%, like.

The ARU though, yeah, i'd love to see some figures on them, how has their funding changed and how many members over the years, I seem to remember them being sent out to shut down a pub during lockdown.

12% isnt nothing but it's 12%, like.

The ARU though, yeah, i'd love to see some figures on them, how has their funding changed and how many members over the years, I seem to remember them being sent out to shut down a pub during lockdown.
12% is almost 1 in 8. I live about 15 seconds walk away from several cops, and I reckon at least half of them would be carrying guns. Bit weird seeing a neighbour walking in and out of their house carrying an MP7 - only happened once, but it was an eye opener.

12% is almost 1 in 8. I live about 15 seconds walk away from several cops, and I reckon at least half of them would be carrying guns. Bit weird seeing a neighbour walking in and out of their house carrying an MP7 - only happened once, but it was an eye opener.
Ah I know but 7/8 are unarmed, 88 percent are unarmed. I'd prefer there to be less armed myself but clearly with the Leo's in charge and still being voted in it's going in one direction.

the chap i mentioned above called round to my friend one day, and carried a kit bag into the house with him from the company car. you don't leave an uzi in an unattended car, it seems.

a guy my brother knows works in the armoury in garda HQ. AFAIK part of what he does is fire guns found on crime scenes to do forensics on the bullets to determine if they've been used at other crime scenes.

Of the people who live on my cul de sac I'd say there's 5 people I know who have guns, and there's 9 houses on the road.

I'm a cucchie though.

This appears to have settled into the general affairs of the nation thread I suppose.

Getting concerned about the whole "lots of nazis/people who have no compunction about hanging out with nazis though they themselves wouldn't identify as such* about" business.

* They are also nazis.

Are you talking about Naziss a as vague catch all for showing a few right wing beliefs or are we actually talking about an organised violent militia here?

Are you talking about Naziss a as vague catch all for showing a few right wing beliefs or are we actually talking about an organised violent militia here?

I presume he's talking about the National Party when referring to the actual Nazis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back