General election 2020 (2 Viewers)

varadkar recently claimed that people heading abroad for a 'grass is greener' life won't find that rents are cheaper abroad. which is quite trumpian in its ignorance of reality.

he's such a fucking dickhead i have to get up super early in the morning to hate him with all my being

i dunno, maybe we should expect more from the person who will be the leader of the country in less than a month. he's not some randomer spouting off about the world cup down the pub.

i mean, he's probably getting briefings about things like teacher shortages simply because people can't afford to live in dublin on a young teacher's salary, and then spouts of shit like 'rents aren't cheaper elsewhere'?
that's bizarre. either a) he doesn't give a shit, b) he's not paying attention in the briefings, c) he doesn't believe it, or d) he's trolling.

He wasn't kinda wrong, he was plain wrong and he (and his advisors) has the responsibility to know that he was wrong before he made the statement. If anyone think he says this stuff off the cuff and it's not written by his huge PR team I have some magic beans for you.

He wasn't kinda wrong, he was plain wrong and he (and his advisors) has the responsibility to know that he was wrong before he made the statement. If anyone think he says this stuff off the cuff and it's not written by his huge PR team I have some magic beans for you.
who are his PR advisers, and what's the purpose of this? deliberately pissing people off when he knows this is a huge issue for the very section of the electorate they know they're losing to SF, is just bizarre.

who are his PR advisers, and what's the purpose of this? deliberately pissing people off when he knows this is a huge issue for the very section of the electorate they know they're losing to SF, is just bizarre.

Politics in the 21st century seems to very much be about pissing off the people who you know won't vote for you in order to amuse the people who might.

It's the "owning the libs" approach.

He had John Carroll, John Concannon and Patrick Geoghegan on the team in 2020. Not sure who's on his team now but I doubt he's doing it all himself in his role as Tanaiste.

I won't try understand his or their reasoning. He's done a lot of bizarre thigs over the years.

There are people in my real life who will back down from having said something wrong without trying to make their wrongness defensible in some way, but they are a tiny minority. People who'll back down at all are also a minority.

i mean, he's probably getting briefings about things like teacher shortages simply because people can't afford to live in dublin on a young teacher's salary, and then spouts of shit like 'rents aren't cheaper elsewhere'?
that's bizarre. either a) he doesn't give a shit, b) he's not paying attention in the briefings, c) he doesn't believe it, or d) he's trolling.

yeah he's either inept and/or a fucking liar or both. i think he's both. i i cannot wait to see him gone asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back