General election 2020 (4 Viewers)

Is it still the case that if you have "X" amount of sheep ( was told it was 6), you can call yourself a farmer and get different treatment from the welfare?
I think that's still the case. I was going to get myself a couple of goats, for the craic, and I was told if I got some number of them I could register myself as a farmer. I forget exactly what the story was. I just thought a couple of goats would cute, and handier than dogs for eating things.

I think that's still the case. I was going to get myself a couple of goats, for the craic, and I was told if I got some number of them I could register myself as a farmer. I forget exactly what the story was. I just thought a couple of goats would cute, and handier than dogs for eating things.
Some people I know work on a government-subsidized "of course it's a real job, not a means of reducing dole figures" job. There is a cohort referred to as "the farmers" who are basically long-term dole merchants, with their 6 sheep on a boggy hill somewhere, who don't do a tap at work because it's beneath them.

EDIT: Sorry. This was supposed to go in the 80's Pop thread.
watching a football match and looking at thumped is my excuse.

the first issue of OINK! comic came with a flexi. the rap song on the B-side was written by Marc 'Lard' Riley.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the characters in Oink! stories were often pigs, one exception being for the hilarious Mary Whitehouse parody Mary Lighthouse.

''Don't eat pigs, cause they're made from ham, Eat that nasty butcher man,''
had us laughing 'cause my Dad worked on a pig farm.
I brought up bogger issues on the 2020 Election thread yesterday and all the farming talk since had me thinking of this.

Neighbours in the corner house in the could de sac of a housing estate in Lucan I grew up in, had two sheep in their large back garden. Gas craic trying to catch them the few times they escaped. Often early in the morning on the way to school. Good times

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

did yer man make a fool of himself?

That guy is sound, used to chat to him a bit actually.

He is also a labour activist though and I eventually unfollowed as he mutated into a labour posts only about some not so great local candidate during a 'lection. not like the candidate was bad like crime bad, just they had no real sense of conviction. So I'd take all his posts that aren't about labour as sincere basically.

he's a friend of a friend, which is how his tweets tend to end up in my timeline. very few of his tweets that i see seem sincere (i mean that in they mostly seem tongue in cheek)

500 people polled in that poll. Decent wee analysis here:

i knew wallace and daly had gone a little bit off the deep end, but this is a bit more pronounced than i'd expected.

i knew wallace and daly had gone a little bit off the deep end, but this is a bit more pronounced than i'd expected.

I'm surprised they're willing to go all out like that, don't see much i disagree with though, good for them.

To what purpose all this is for I dont know, maybe they have just decided to live a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back