General election 2020 (5 Viewers)

I don't believe in group identity at all.
if some is stereotypical of people where they grew up it's probably because they are sucker.

''I'll decide what I think is important and not anyone else''

the bogger folks I went school with were nice n harmless but generally a bit boring.

Even for a bogger Dublin is really underwhelming and it's people have to pay through the nose for the privilege. The authorities seem to do everything they can to mess up the chance of having a great city.
Few European cities of Dublin's size have less happening.
Most cities have a few places like Jigsaw but Dublin has none now.

So are they The Real green party, or the continuity green party or the provisional green party or....

the nearest A&E to me is 35 miles away.
Nearest A&E to me is 10 miles away. Arrived there with a 16 year old in tears with abdominal pain at 11pm last night, got seen at 9.30am this morning. Turned out not to be serious, so not harm done really but ... why would a hospital with a catchment of around half a million people only have ONE doctor on overnight duty in A&E?

Nearest A&E to me is 10 miles away. Arrived there with a 16 year old in tears with abdominal pain at 11pm last night, got seen at 9.30am this morning. Turned out not to be serious, so not harm done really but ... why would a hospital with a catchment of around half a million people only have ONE doctor on overnight duty in A&E?

Because our public health system is shite?

WTF? being 25 miles closer doesn't help much sometimes.
Limerick Regional A&E is the closest to me.

Ok this looks to me that having completly eroded their voting base (FFG) they are going to start an urban/rural fight to deflect the rage away from them.

sure there's nothing new in the 'urban people pay for rural services'. IIRC, 20 counties are subsidised by the other 6. i.e. only six counties pay their own way.

many small farmers want to sell up but because of heavy tax they might only get half the proceeds so they aren't keen.
know a guy who volunteered with me on a charity project and he has 50 something acres. I asked if got a 3 bed semi in local town and about 200k would he sell up and he said ''yes, of course''

Look at Dublin - disaster of a place to live due to terrible planning and governance.
The more people who live there the worse it gets.

I live in village since 1998 which is nice but 1975-98 I lived in the countryside.
there was several pot holes on road in front of our house (89-98) inc. two of upturned dustbin lid proportions. hedge cutting was paid for by landowners. no rubbish collection. we were lucky that we were only 3.5 km from a bus stop.
apart from the roads improving the rest still remains the same. internet connection is still shit in a lot of areas.
apart from not having any immediate neighbours, living there had little or nothing to recommend it.
the house came with my father's farming job.

divide and rule is easily done. there needs to be some dialogue between working people in urban and rural areas to support each other on the different issues we are weak on.

political representation here is a disaster - people tend to vote for someone local.
the most decent TD in Tipperary was Seamus Healy until he lost out to an SF guy last time. the problem was Healy is from Clonmel which is 50 miles away from here.
in the last four council elections my village was in three different electoral areas.

Driving on country roads can be bad at the best of times, but if the hedges haven’t been done then you’re stuck almost in the middle of the road, hoping that no one is coming towards you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back