General election 2020 (3 Viewers)

I think it was PBP that formally chickened out of the possible left coalition in the end.

So eh remeber that when you watch taoiseach martin sell something vital

I think it was PBP that formally chickened out of the possible left coalition in the end.

So eh remeber that when you watch taoiseach martin sell something vital

It was always a pipedream, no way a they'd hold that together. The only viable possibility were something involving FF and SF, which probably would have been most in line with the spirit of the election result, or FF and FG.

It was always a pipedream, no way a they'd hold that together. The only viable possibility were something involving FF and SF, which probably would have been most in line with the spirit of the election result, or FF and FG.

While I know people love saying that (obvious thing is obvious), I don't really entertain the word 'can't'. It was possible and about as legit as what we have now.

The primary message I get at present is that FFg are now so closely aligned that the concept of there not being a FF leader who also sat as taoiseach is such a blow to the centre that FG couldnt stomach it, which in itself is a collapse of the FG which is kinda good.

If the best we can get right now is the two biggest centre-right parties being forced together and also being forced to enact some reasonably straight-forward green reforms (or, as Eoghan Harris sees it, insane Trotskyite demands from the loony left) as their parties continue to decline then i'll take it.

The real question here is similar to that in the UK and US with the failure of Corbyn and Sanders, is this the beginning or the end of something?

i suspect it's a fresh end for the greens, their activist base won't forgive them a single misstep. even one of their own negotiating team is refusing to endorse the deal.

If there wasn't a pandemic we'd be talking about an election, the next budget might force one anyways. Eurowallet is currently talking about 2bn recovery and we down 6ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back