General election 2020 (1 Viewer)

I've no idea how people might vote but the past three days of the ffg fans going into panic mode have been pretty entertaining.

I got a press release on late sat evening that had both bold text and red fonts from a pretty senior figure.

On Twitter they've gone for change will fuck you up and northerners are sinister lines. We could have done with more of this in the past for sure.

Local candidate has put LOCAL in huge letters of their existing posters. (We have a 'foreign'* candidate).

*Not 100% white lived entire life here.

I could see a ffS going imdie.

So I'm stuck in the Cork North West constituency even though I live quite close to Cork City.
9 candidates
2 FF, 2 FG
1 GP, 1 Aontu, 1 SD, 1 Irish Freedom Party and 1 Independent

In terms of strategic voting here and seeing as I've ruled FF, FG and the Irish Freedom Party candidate out of hand, looks like 1 have 4 preferences in a 3 seater, that is traditionally 2 FF, 1 FG or vice versa.
This has always been a bit of a wasteland constituency for candidates. I didn't relise I was coming into this one when I moved out of the city. Ah well

Seems mad that SF couldn't find someone but Aontu did,

When people say it's a shame that SF aren't running enough candidates I thought they meant they're not running 2 in some constituencies, not that there are some they're not running anyone in.

the country could end up staring intently at tipperary again.

*gulp*

It’ll be a shock if it’s not Michael Lowry, Mattie McGrath, Jackie Cahill and Alan Kelly. Garret Ahearn might get the last seat, so bit of a sausage party.

*gulp*

It’ll be a shock if it’s not Michael Lowry, Mattie McGrath, Jackie Cahill and Alan Kelly. Garret Ahearn might get the last seat, so bit of a sausage party.
Corner of hope

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One of the independents running in my constituency has more policies than any of the parties can boast. Most of them are sensible, if unlikely to happen given that he’s just one man, but he has some truly wonderful policies peppered amongst the more traditional ones.
7E7FC1E9-4FE2-4FCC-BA2D-0C15B1E9C38C.png C3377779-44B8-4000-B2E4-B6738C58AA91.jpeg 3AA0A060-F984-41D1-9AFB-EECA4DC09CD6.jpeg 191628ED-B210-407A-941F-6F8BB0F5BA6F.jpeg

I was at the galway west hustings and it was mad altogether. it traditionally would be a bit of a scrap but instead nobody from FFG actually showed up, so essentially it turned into 10 people on stage, all the lefts represented and essentially agreeing on everything, kinda like a working group atmosphere. It was a very brief window into what a functional left might look like. no personality digs, no shots on the past, just going through each issue via manifesto or opinion depending on the candidate.

for the record it was

20% gr
20% sd
20% lab
10% sf
10% pbp
10% solidarity
10% indie

One of the independents running in my constituency has more policies than any of the parties can boast. Most of them are sensible, if unlikely to happen given that he’s just one man, but he has some truly wonderful policies peppered amongst the more traditional ones.
View attachment 13487View attachment 13488View attachment 13489View attachment 13490
public saunas is a good one. We're way too catholic for there to be any real demand for them, but using them in countries that have more liberal attitudes to bare flesh, is always a very relaxing thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back