Which candidate.ie is up now. There are some problems

My results were
1. Greens 70%
2. Labour 64%
3. Fine gael, ex-fg independent classed as FG by the poll 60%
4. Pbp 52%
4. Fianna fail 52%

There were no answers for sf yet

"Eye to eye with Ruth Coppinger #Solidarity" (86%) closely followed by the green lad (83%), then the social democrat (78%), then labour (72%).... then jack bleedin chambers (59%), who i saw canvassing the other day and his flunky took one look at me and didn't even try to give me a leaflet. pays to know your audience, i guess.

How did Chambers get so popular with voters? Only his second election right? Is he any use, or just only Ffer in the area?

McHugh getting a rough going over on twitter for not being media trained, coming across like a person on tv this evening. I'm used to dealing with trained media performing monkeys, and its refreshing, but most people find it to be bad politicking, such is prevalence of media training in politics in ireland.

McHugh getting a rough going over on twitter for not being media trained, coming across like a person on tv this evening. I'm used to dealing with trained media performing monkeys, and its refreshing, but most people find it to be bad politicking, such is prevalence of media training in politics in ireland.
Very good point

Being good on TV should be a warning sign, if anything

How did Chambers get so popular with voters? Only his second election right? Is he any use, or just only Ffer in the area?
there's a rather convoluted tale of local FF types being very pissed off he got the nod from the party, being so wet behind the ears. his dad was a local party bigwig, and i think it was seen as a reward to his dad, but people left the local cumann over it.

For the second time in two weeks Cooper has said publicly that 'we know its going to be MM or LV as Taoiseach'. (this is a breach, but granted, he was trying to extract sense from H-Rae).
He used to be a savage journalist, now he's essentially speaking of status quo as a default.

there's a rather convoluted tale of local FF types being very pissed off he got the nod from the party, being so wet behind the ears. his dad was a local party bigwig, and i think it was seen as a reward to his dad, but people left the local cumann over it.
Classic FF shit and a billowing red flag

I got Gary Gannon as first pref and Social democrats as party. Hmmm maybe.

Na fuck Gammon, he got elected to city council on a public housing platform and the first thing he did was vote in favour of giving O'Devaney gardens away to private developers, fuck him.

i must try to find an article i read about SF up north from a few years ago - proper 'pigs with their snouts in the trough'; and with a party that buries any internal bad smell it was a perfect recipe for people lining their pockets.

Lads I know saying they’ll leav Ireland if SF get elected.
Bunch of ‘terrorists and murderers’.
And then Happily voting Fine Gael like absolute thick cunts
Same as people saying they'll leave the US if Bush or Trump get in.
I only know one person that actually followed through on it.

Canvassing near where I live on Thursday and shitting it.
I could deal with the hostility when I was doing it in limerick city but its harder with neighbours.
I have a cold, so maybe I'll be dead with coronavirus by then.

Renua Party Chairman Séamus Ó’Riain, however, told TheJournal.ie that cycling in Ireland is “not top of our priorities” in light of recent violence in Co Louth and Co Cork.

“A young man was chopped up and put into plastic bags in Drogheda,” Ó’Riain said. “Another stabbed to death in Cork.”

“You’ll have to forgive us but worrying about how the average metro sexual cycles to work at Google is not top of our list of priorities.”

There's an element here of everyone playing the politics game/movie in their own head isn't there? People who love to wring their hands over what is possible, as if they're a walking, talking poll come to life themselves and not literally one vote.

"Oh, Saoirse McHugh not talking properly, this won't play well with the electorate. I know what she means, but they're thick as shit"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back