General election 2020 (3 Viewers)

ann post

Supporter
Threads
I think it was PBP that formally chickened out of the possible left coalition in the end.

So eh remeber that when you watch taoiseach martin sell something vital

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I think it was PBP that formally chickened out of the possible left coalition in the end.

So eh remeber that when you watch taoiseach martin sell something vital
It was always a pipedream, no way a they'd hold that together. The only viable possibility were something involving FF and SF, which probably would have been most in line with the spirit of the election result, or FF and FG.

ann post

Supporter
Threads
It was always a pipedream, no way a they'd hold that together. The only viable possibility were something involving FF and SF, which probably would have been most in line with the spirit of the election result, or FF and FG.
While I know people love saying that (obvious thing is obvious), I don't really entertain the word 'can't'. It was possible and about as legit as what we have now.

The primary message I get at present is that FFg are now so closely aligned that the concept of there not being a FF leader who also sat as taoiseach is such a blow to the centre that FG couldnt stomach it, which in itself is a collapse of the FG which is kinda good.

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
If the best we can get right now is the two biggest centre-right parties being forced together and also being forced to enact some reasonably straight-forward green reforms (or, as Eoghan Harris sees it, insane Trotskyite demands from the loony left) as their parties continue to decline then i'll take it.

The real question here is similar to that in the UK and US with the failure of Corbyn and Sanders, is this the beginning or the end of something?

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
i suspect it's a fresh end for the greens, their activist base won't forgive them a single misstep. even one of their own negotiating team is refusing to endorse the deal.

ann post

Supporter
Threads
If there wasn't a pandemic we'd be talking about an election, the next budget might force one anyways. Eurowallet is currently talking about 2bn recovery and we down 6ish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

We're listening to...

• Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads