General election 2020 (4 Viewers)

Some harsh, harsh words.

The Pat Leahy IT article that the Jacobin article refers to a couple of times makes a decent enough case for the Greens going into government, while making the huge pitfalls very clear (i.e. it's quite possible they won't be in a better position to influence national policy for quite a long time).. If they can actually get FG/FF to commit in a serious / quantifiable sense to the 7% yearly reduction targets along with a couple of the lesser key demands, and pull the plug rapidly in the event that they are being messed around, it might be worth the soul-selling.. I don't trust Eamon Ryan to do the pull plugging part though once he's set up with a nice ministry,

Last edited:

Some harsh, harsh words.

Where were the harsh bits? All I read was succinct analysis

If they can actually get FG/FF to commit in a serious / quantifiable sense to the 7% yearly reduction targets along with a couple of the lesser key demands, and pull the plug rapidly in the event that they are being messed around, it might be worth the soul-selling..
yep, and that's the massive task they face. and much as i'd like them to succeed, i don't know if they'll pull it off.

The fact that FFG have already framed the 7% as something that Ryan has to negotiate as opposed to something we are supposed to do to stay alive is probably A: the most important information needed at this time B: what people should be talking about.

The basic implication is that if we didn't have these pesky greens we'd go back 100% neoliberal destruction of everything.

If they can actually get FG/FF to commit in a serious / quantifiable sense to the 7% yearly reduction targets along with a couple of the lesser key demands, and pull the plug rapidly in the event that they are being messed around, it might be worth the soul-selling.
If they can do this, then there has been no soul-selling. Fingers crossed

The basic implication is that if we didn't have these pesky greens we'd go back 100% neoliberal destruction of everything.
in 5 years time, when the country is on fire and politicians are feasting on the homeless, the message from FFG will be 'blame the greens, they failed to stop this when they did/did not (delete as appropriate) agree to go into government'.

Has anyone seen that doco thing "planet of the humans"?
I'm cynical of all the info in, but it shows just how a load of rich pricks can put on a green cloak and still fuck things up, while getting richer.

Yeah, I've seen some heavy criticism of it.

Not sure if Michael Moore has had the wool pulled over his eyes with it or if he himself is actually more interested in the historical corruption angle. Probably should watch it, eh?

Against rich people?

Bill Gates is a good example of someone who has purchased endless good press while implementing all sorts of mad programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back