1. Greens 70%
2. Labour 64%
3. Fine gael, ex-fg independent classed as FG by the poll 60%
4. Pbp 52%
4. Fianna fail 52%

There were no answers for sf yet

xsteox

Threads

I got Gary Gannon as first pref and Social democrats as party. Hmmm maybe.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
"Eye to eye with Ruth Coppinger #Solidarity" (86%) closely followed by the green lad (83%), then the social democrat (78%), then labour (72%).... then jack bleedin chambers (59%), who i saw canvassing the other day and his flunky took one look at me and didn't even try to give me a leaflet. pays to know your audience, i guess.

xsteox

Threads
How did Chambers get so popular with voters? Only his second election right? Is he any use, or just only Ffer in the area?

ann post

Threads
McHugh getting a rough going over on twitter for not being media trained, coming across like a person on tv this evening. I'm used to dealing with trained media performing monkeys, and its refreshing, but most people find it to be bad politicking, such is prevalence of media training in politics in ireland.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
McHugh getting a rough going over on twitter for not being media trained, coming across like a person on tv this evening. I'm used to dealing with trained media performing monkeys, and its refreshing, but most people find it to be bad politicking, such is prevalence of media training in politics in ireland.
Very good point

Being good on TV should be a warning sign, if anything

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
How did Chambers get so popular with voters? Only his second election right? Is he any use, or just only Ffer in the area?
there's a rather convoluted tale of local FF types being very pissed off he got the nod from the party, being so wet behind the ears. his dad was a local party bigwig, and i think it was seen as a reward to his dad, but people left the local cumann over it.

ann post

Threads
For the second time in two weeks Cooper has said publicly that 'we know its going to be MM or LV as Taoiseach'. (this is a breach, but granted, he was trying to extract sense from H-Rae).
He used to be a savage journalist, now he's essentially speaking of status quo as a default.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
there's a rather convoluted tale of local FF types being very pissed off he got the nod from the party, being so wet behind the ears. his dad was a local party bigwig, and i think it was seen as a reward to his dad, but people left the local cumann over it.
Classic FF shit and a billowing red flag

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com

I got Gary Gannon as first pref and Social democrats as party. Hmmm maybe.
Na fuck Gammon, he got elected to city council on a public housing platform and the first thing he did was vote in favour of giving O'Devaney gardens away to private developers, fuck him.

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
i must try to find an article i read about SF up north from a few years ago - proper 'pigs with their snouts in the trough'; and with a party that buries any internal bad smell it was a perfect recipe for people lining their pockets.

riath

Supporter
Threads
Lads I know saying they’ll leav Ireland if SF get elected.
Bunch of ‘terrorists and murderers’.
And then Happily voting Fine Gael like absolute thick cunts
Same as people saying they'll leave the US if Bush or Trump get in.
I only know one person that actually followed through on it.

Canvassing near where I live on Thursday and shitting it.
I could deal with the hostility when I was doing it in limerick city but its harder with neighbours.
I have a cold, so maybe I'll be dead with coronavirus by then.

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
Renua Party Chairman Séamus Ó’Riain, however, told TheJournal.ie that cycling in Ireland is “not top of our priorities” in light of recent violence in Co Louth and Co Cork.

“A young man was chopped up and put into plastic bags in Drogheda,” Ó’Riain said. “Another stabbed to death in Cork.”

“You’ll have to forgive us but worrying about how the average metro sexual cycles to work at Google is not top of our list of priorities.”

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Contributor
Threads
There's an element here of everyone playing the politics game/movie in their own head isn't there? People who love to wring their hands over what is possible, as if they're a walking, talking poll come to life themselves and not literally one vote.

"Oh, Saoirse McHugh not talking properly, this won't play well with the electorate. I know what she means, but they're thick as shit"

Last edited:

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Green 76%
Soc Dem 74
PBP 70
Lab 65
FF lads 59
Fg lads 57

SF candidate hasn't entered her answers but I won't be voting for her anyway because she was on the "all the people who say they were raped by our guys are lying" brigade and very nasty about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads