General election 2020 (1 Viewer)

Hadn't really occured to me before bit it was pointed out to me that not exactly junior, warrior reporter Kitty Holland called this an attack on a "migrant camp" when it was actually a homeless camp, of which there are many all over Dublin and, indeed, Ireland.

Hadn't really occured to me before bit it was pointed out to me that not exactly junior, warrior reporter Kitty Holland called this an attack on a "migrant camp" when it was actually a homeless camp, of which there are many all over Dublin and, indeed, Ireland.

Both innit, I think that's a bit of a stretch to pick at that hole, they weren't attacked because they were homeless.

Though I suppose the last ten years of getting better about these things in our attitudes and behaviours has had intersectionalities as a major theme.

Both innit, I think that's a bit of a stretch to pick at that hole, they weren't attacked because they were homeless.

Though I suppose the last ten years of getting better about these things in our attitudes and behaviours has had intersectionalities as a major theme.
They were there because they were homeless, not because they were migrants. Perhaps they were homeless because they were migrants and certainly they were attacked because they were migrants.

I don't know, "migrant camp" has a ring of officialdom around it, or perhaps brings to mind masses of people like was (is?) happening in Calais. Homelessness is a crisis a country has to face, migrants is a crisis you can racist your way out of.

Maybe it's a minor point, but a decision is being made, consciously or not, to label it a "migrant" camp that is at least worth considering.

Soc Dems are ditching the co-leader model (finally, it made them seem small time I think), doesn't look like Murphy or Shortall will run for the job by themselves.

Would prefer Cairns over Gannon of the 2 most likely front runners. I have no clue about their other 2 TDs.

I wouldn’t have thought Cairns would want it just yet but she’s been raising her profile in the party the last year, so who knows.
I like Cairns a lot, and don’t know Gannon that well but I’ve a feeling he would be a better choice right now.

Gannon's a good lad
Dublin Central and Joey's
That'd be two party leaders and Paschal in my 'hood

The roads will be in grand shape

I like the Soc Dems and their candidates but they seem perennially stuck around the 4-5% polling mark, almost exactly the same level as Labour.. I guess they might need Sinn Fein to have a bad term in government and really lose their lustre to seem like the next in line potential non FF/FG alternative.

I like the Soc Dems and their candidates but they seem perennially stuck around the 4-5% polling mark, almost exactly the same level as Labour.. I guess they might need Sinn Fein to have a bad term in government and really lose their lustre to seem like the next in line potential non FF/FG alternative.

My perception of them is that they *should* be quite transfer friendly, but rarely it seems to go that way. They have quite a few councillors here in Kildare which I assume is down to Murphy being the TD.

Had a look on their website there and they have a councillor in Clondalkin called Eoin O Broin which probably causes a bit of confusion locally with the SF TD of the same name.

Cairns is a genuinely decent TD, but there isn’t a thought that she doesn’t express on her face. I don’t know if that will get her in trouble or endear her to people. Pretty sure there’s a twitter page about it even.
She seems to be clued in on most things and hasn’t been too proud to ask other TDs etc when she wasn’t sure if something.
I’d like to see her so well but maybe a few years down the line might have been better.

Cairns is a genuinely decent TD, but there isn’t a thought that she doesn’t express on her face. I don’t know if that will get her in trouble or endear her to people. Pretty sure there’s a twitter page about it even.
She seems to be clued in on most things and hasn’t been too proud to ask other TDs etc when she wasn’t sure if something.
I’d like to see her so well but maybe a few years down the line might have been better.

She is nice looking. Horn thread crossover?

Whitmore and Gannon are doing a fairly big press conference now. If Cairns is the only one in the running, I’m guessing they don’t have to bother with an election l.

Whitmore and Gannon are doing a fairly big press conference now. If Cairns is the only one in the running, I’m guessing they don’t have to bother with an election l.
They didn't
Cairns announced her new role on Twitter over the weekend, I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back