General election 2020 (8 Viewers)

Seems like the place to put this?

They even say nice things about David McWilliams in it.

I could see a Sinn Féin government taking it seriously, and maybe appealing to some nostalgic Fianna Fáil-ers. Point 1 would be a hard sell to middle Ireland I'd say, but then again it's not like anyone under 30 has any future under the system we currently have.

I remember making the argument when the arse fell out of the country 15 years ago that we should focus R+D investment in something we had a competitive natural advantage, and a degree of expertise in - namely wave/tidal energy, and try to create a major industrial strength in this area.

This was founded on nothing other than my own readings and opinions at the time mind....

I remember making the argument when the arse fell out of the country 15 years ago that we should focus R+D investment in something we had a competitive natural advantage, and a degree of expertise in - namely wave/tidal energy, and try to create a major industrial strength in this area.

This was founded on nothing other than my own readings and opinions at the time mind....

Has been my longtime belief, they could have made inroads in not being so reliant on FDI

sorta on that theme

I read this book there last week, needless to say change will be an uphill battle that will never happen under FF/FG

A big problem Sinn Fein will have if they do eventually get into power is that FFG have spent the past 10+ years setting everything up to make it extremely difficult to make any substantive change without basically just telling the legal system to go fuck itself (similar to what Poland are doing in a kind of opposite way). And imagine if the Sinners did that? THE IRA HAVE TAKEN OVER etc etc etc

Today I am baffled by how 'return to work' for all these office people that have been doing their jobs from home for the last 2 years is somehow a good idea, when it means putting thousands of extra cars back on the roads every day. Like, government is making loads of civil servants go back to work in the office, and then turning around and saying "We need less people using cars"

ser davos jon snow GIF by BuzzFeed

Today I am baffled by how 'return to work' for all these office people that have been doing their jobs from home for the last 2 years is somehow a good idea, when it means putting thousands of extra cars back on the roads every day. Like, government is making loads of civil servants go back to work in the office, and then turning around and saying "We need less people using cars"

It was 100% the best opportunity in known recent history to reboot commuting nightmares and rethink all that, so obviously it had to be wasted.

I know this whole mass traffic jam for 2 hours nationwide every morning isn't great, but also a fair few 'work from home' people i know are work from bedroom and spending 14 hours a day there. that's not great either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back