General Election 2016 (2 Viewers)

The CSM is a solid read, don't let the name deceive you, they focus almost exclusively on world affairs and come across as neutral.
Power seems grand too, he's focused on the Koreas - John Francis Power -- Journalism and observations from South Korea
His article seems to be in 'tribute' to a Vox piece on smug liberals

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That surprises me

Tell you what, it's a fair point. 'So-called liberals' as they are always called need to stop trying to explain things to really conservative people - the ones who are always calling for a new oligarchy with, surprise surprise, themselves at the top. As if these so-called conservatives are too stupid to realize what it is they want.

Everyone's out for number one, maybe we should admire these conservatives for their honesty.

I laugh when I see people calling racists "racists"...as if that's meant to insult or chastise them in some way. They are fully aware of their views and quite content with them.

Silly libtards

That surprises me
Their headquarters is here in Boston.
A friend of mine used to work for the paper, and it was a great job.
Some CS people worked there.
Anyway, one day the guy in the cubicle comes in late; he's had a fender bender on the way to work. Is not feeling well.
Won't go to the doctor, just went home to pray about it.
Never saw the dude again. Died from internal bleeding that night.
Still wrecks my head.

My mate quit some time later and they told him they'd keep paying him his salary for a year or til he found a job. Fucking dope got a job within three months. Also, wrecks my head.

I laugh when I see people calling racists "racists"...as if that's meant to insult or chastise them in some way. They are fully aware of their views and quite content with them.

Silly libtards

Well the homophones like Breda, Walters etc seem quite upset about being called that

So, here’s who voted for Enda Kenny outside of Fine Gael:

• Katherine Zappone
  • John Halligan
  • Shane Ross
  • Kevin Boxer Moran
  • Finian McGrath
  • Sean Canney
  • Denis Naughten
  • Michael Harty
  • Michael Lowry
(via The Journal)

Which of those will get a ministerial position? Ross certainly, Lowry would like one but hell will freeze over first. Zappone may have been in line but that expenses thing may have hurt her, maybe not though, she brazened it out and it seems to have gone away. I don't know much about the rest of them but I'm guessing there'll be at least three non-FG positions up for grabs.

So, here’s who voted for Enda Kenny outside of Fine Gael:

• Katherine Zappone
  • John Halligan
  • Shane Ross
  • Kevin Boxer Moran
  • Finian McGrath
  • Sean Canney
  • Denis Naughten
  • Michael Harty
  • Michael Lowry
(via The Journal)

Which of those will get a ministerial position? Ross certainly, Lowry would like one but hell will freeze over first. Zappone may have been in line but that expenses thing may have hurt her, maybe not though, she brazened it out and it seems to have gone away. I don't know much about the rest of them but I'm guessing there'll be at least three non-FG positions up for grabs.
He'll want to appoint women, so that will help Zappone

Gotta be some extreme butthurtness on the FG bench though

Enda needs those 9 every time someone calls a confidence motion?

Seems like it's doomed to fail. Unpopular party gets back in with a minority...how do they push through anything?

Will we get a vote on the 8th amendment?

He'll want to appoint women, so that will help Zappone

Gotta be some extreme butthurtness on the FG bench though

Enda needs those 9 every time someone calls a confidence motion?

I'd forgotten about that promise. FG have a fair amount of women TDs though, he may manage without her.
Pretty much, he has a majority of ten (iirc) after FF and some indos abstained, they start switching and he could be out before he knows what's going on.

Seems like it's doomed to fail. Unpopular party gets back in with a minority...how do they push through anything?

FF will support the popular votes and abstain on the less popular, all the while waiting for the right time to pull the plug and return to government.
Good question, I would be inclined to think not but it may just happen if the government lasts long enough.

So he failed to split the cabinet across gender, 5 of 15 ministers are of the female persuasion.

Who's in? Who's out? These are your new ministers

Zappone got Children and Youth Affairs, a relatively harmless position, she can fluff about making the right noises without really doing any good/bad. Oh, and Fitzgerald is Tanaiste and also still in charge of Justice and Equality. Varadker to Social Protection is a surprise to me.

There's no mention of it in the Programme for Government (well, at least not in the part dealing with constitutional matters, it may be elsewhere). We will get a blasphemy referendum though, I'm pretty pleased about that.
They do want to bring in a 'citizens assembly', anything to do with the 8th will probably spin out of that.

http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2016/05/programme_for_partnership_government.pdf

(Pg. 147 for Political reform, 153 for constitutional reform).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back