this looks good:

2 ripe avocados, peeled and stoned
1 lime, juice only
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
¼ fresh green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped

To make the guacamole, mash the avocados with the lime juice.
Add the garlic, onion, tomato, chilli and coriander and mix thoroughly to combine.

man I love avocado. its pretty simple to make - that recipe seems about right. although Ive never used lime.

Thankin ye, I've only ever made it with avocados and some packet o'shit. Tried it over christmas with lemon juice, avacado and chili wasn't bad but not great either. I look forward to trying this at the weekend.

We really a yummy or mmmm icon for this board.

Fuckin bleedin food again. Rappah.

For pure indulgence, I always add a big dollop of sour cream.

A nice basic and scrumptious guac can consist simply of avocados, tomato, sourcream and garlic mashed up together.
Seeing as we're speaking sort of Mexican.... I made a yummy chilli last night with a couple of squares of chocolate thrown in and I fell in love with myself all over again for being so good to me.

I could be mad, but I think the lime may prevent the guacamole going brown if its not eaten immediately? It adds a nice zing anyway. Next week I am having a gravy-stravaganza.

aoifed said:
Fuckin bleedin food again. Rappah.

For pure indulgence, I always add a big dollop of sour cream.

A nice basic and scrumptious guac can consist simply of avocados, tomato, sourcream and garlic mashed up together.
Seeing as we're speaking sort of Mexican.... I made a yummy chilli last night with a couple of squares of chocolate thrown in and I fell in love with myself all over again for being so good to me.
what kinda chocolate did you use and when did you put it in?

the man doesn't like it, for some reason known only to himself and god. And he is away with work next week so I am going to have a gravy blowout, and make stew, and have my brown savoury sauce lovin' mates around. Yum, stew.

aoifed said:
Yep, I forgot about the citrus there, lemon or lime, just fine.

Now what's this about gravy?

I put in Cadburys dairy milk (I'd say Bourneville would be even better, in retrospect) and chucked it in once everything was in and it was simmering away. Make sure you give it enough time to sex up the other ingredients.

Gravy. What big auld spa doesn't like gravy? How does one enjoy mash without it? Would he consider your plan as doing the dirt on him? Coz I get kinda jealous when himself eats mayonnaise or fish when I'm not around. I love love love homemade gravy.

aoifed said:

ooh, interesting.

i was supremely good to me (well, to my soul, if not my arteries) last night and made bearnaise sauce to go with me shteak and roast spuds - though, to be honest, i'd eat the stuff on carpet tiles. how can you not love a sauce that is made almost entirely out of egg yolks and butter? with a yummy tang of tarragon and vinegar and shallot? yum.

So talkin of chili I found what looks to be a real good recipe at www.theppk.com it includes a glass of brown beer. They recommended some american one but I see someone else used Newcastle brown.

I always keep the sour cream seperate to the gaucamole. Creme fraiche is really good too, possibly nicer, my mum thinks so anyway and she's always right!

THRILLHO said:
Have you introduced him to the MAJESTY that is potato croquettes and gravy?

puke.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back