Gardening (1 Viewer)

We had lovely huge roses fro the last few weeks but now some insects have gotten to them. If I spray something on them now will they grow again before the end of the summer? Why cant they just look after themselves? Useless show off bastard things.
If you remove the existing roses the plant will know it hasn't successfully produced fruit and will try again with new blooms. Normally you can just catch the dying flower and snap it off, but if you've got an infestation and you want to take off more, you can cut back to just above some mature leaves. Cut at a slant so rain will run off the cut edge, rather than pool on it.

If you remove the existing roses the plant will know it hasn't successfully produced fruit and will try again with new blooms. Normally you can just catch the dying flower and snap it off, but if you've got an infestation and you want to take off more, you can cut back to just above some mature leaves. Cut at a slant so rain will run off the cut edge, rather than pool on it.
thanks again! rose.jpg

You can make a bee watering hole by putting some clean stones in a shallow dish, or floating some corks in a deeper bucket. They just need something to land on to pick up the water.

I’ve been keeping a pot in the sink for every time I wash vegetables or rinse something. Was just thinking that this should be something I should do all the time.

Might try some of these although maybe the best way to help bees is to plant heather.

The garden is LOUD with bees this morning.

That's great to hear. We have loads of flowers starting to come out, but haven't seen that many bees unfortunately, seems there was a lot more around this time last year.

The sister in law has started beekeeping out the west, doing her bit to get the numbers up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back