Gardening (2 Viewers)

I keep our lawn mowed. I'd mow it more often if the weather allowed. I'd much rather run over it with the mower and empty the bag twice than do it less often and have to empty it constantly. Anyway the only reason I keep it short is that it makes PICKING UP THE DOGSHIT EASIER.

The daffodils we have were planted years ago by the previous owner. They bloom every year with no help from us. There are bluebells and primroses all around the house too and we're just going to leave them in the expectation they'll just do the same next year.
I'm going to mow/strim the grass inside the dog's run. Although it feels a bit like hunting for Easter eggs, grabbing a dog turd and trying to get it one piece through long grass isn't very pleasant.

I mow some of our plot every fortnight during the summer, cos it's nice to have a lawn to play/hang out on. Some of other bits I mow once a year with the scythe, some others are just pure fucking wild now after 10 years of living here, covered in brambles and shit. Areas where you leave grass to die year after year are supposed to be terrible for harbouring the slugs that come and devour our lettuces :(

20180514_231515.jpg

Bought some bulbs today about 50 - 60. A tener for the lot think the guy forgot to charge me for a couple of packets. These will all be...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The daffodils we have were planted years ago by the previous owner. They bloom every year with no help from us. There are bluebells and primroses all around the house too and we're just going to leave them in the expectation they'll just do the same next year.
I'm going to mow/strim the grass inside the dog's run. Although it feels a bit like hunting for Easter eggs, grabbing a dog turd and trying to get it one piece through long grass isn't very pleasant.

You can eat the primrose flowers of course a bit like cowslips. They seem to do well enough for themselves growing at the roadsides.

Our garden is well overgrown now. I had tor drop the strimmer and the mower into the repair shop this afternoon and they won't be done for 2 - 3 weeks. Did you know that mowers are four stroke and use petrol, but strimmers are two stroke and use a petrol/oil mix? Because I didn't.

Our garden is well overgrown now. I had tor drop the strimmer and the mower into the repair shop this afternoon and they won't be done for 2 - 3 weeks. Did you know that mowers are four stroke and use petrol, but strimmers are two stroke and use a petrol/oil mix? Because I didn't.

Maybe @egg_ can give you a lend of his scythe

Just tidies them up. You have to let the leaves live for 6-8 weeks after the flowers die so the plant can complete it's life cycle and come back again next year. I wouldn't have bothered except my mum used to do it, and they were looking mad untidy compared to next door.
They do need the leaves to photosynthesise enough food for the new wee bulbs to store. Tying them down reduces the useable surface area though, so it's not a great plan.

I planted some clematis yesterday. There were instructions but I just dug holes put some compost I found in the shed around them and watered them. Mother nature...over to you.
Isn't nature brilliant

Attachments

• IMG_7141.JPG
    IMG_7141.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7142.JPG
    IMG_7142.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7143.JPG
    IMG_7143.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7144.JPG
    IMG_7144.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 16
We had lovely huge roses fro the last few weeks but now some insects have gotten to them. If I spray something on them now will they grow again before the end of the summer? Why cant they just look after themselves? Useless show off bastard things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back