Gardening (1 Viewer)

residents association looking for lawnmowing money again, i directed them to the all ireland pollinator plan and I could be wrong but they seem to have blocked me off the page for it.

Cans in my front garden forever.
hold on, you're up in Donegal, aren't you? There's Residents Associations out in Donegal?

By residents’ association looking for money for lawnmowing, you mean a local lad offering to cut your grass for a fiver right?

No its in limbo between developer and council so the residentés gotta pay for the upkeep / green area clearing.

hold on, you're up in Donegal, aren't you? There's Residents Associations out in Donegal?

Technically I am yes.

In the meantime I've gotten two hilarious answers, which both blunty prentended the question is something else. This person is now my pet project for next week.

Not really gardening exactly, but I'm fond of listening to this guy:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm up to about 8 Tomatoes (that is 8 actual tomatoes) which is great to me. Few herbs and leaves going along fine. Started looking into the whole arduino / watering robot side of things for when I actually leave the house for more than a few hours. Rhubarb corner is up and running too. Spuds coming along and two that got massacred by a 'kindly neighbour with a strimmer' coming back from last year. Think about a few pear trees now. Does anyone want 300 apples?

Dunno if we have a forestry thread or what but look at this, if you've ever seen the west coast of south island in New Zealand there's long stretches that look like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Beautiful when you're not getting murdered by sandflies

There's a good maori legend of the sandflies being unleashed by one of their gods around Fiordland to preserve the beauty of the area and keep humans away.

They're really only around the south end of the island. The whole west coast gets battered by the sea though, another reason. Mad country, wish I was still there :(

I got bitten by them the length and breadth of the country, the little fuckers. I noticed that they only seemed to bite if I stopped moving for a moment, so there was a solution in that. I enjoyed my short time there but don't wish I was still there.

Too Much.

Effectively I've ended up curator of the remnants of my grandparents farm which is something like 4 acres. 2 of that is already planted native Irish (i didn't do this), the rest is what i'm working on. Pond was built last year, and then failed soon after because we live on limestone, so I think i'm gonna actually buy a pond liner soon enough to start that again. 'helpful' odd job neighbour made a mess of the place a few years ago so basically i just am clearing dead trees (evergreens) for the rest of the year.

Ladies and gentlemen

I have a frog. IMG_20200720_101713.jpg

The girlfriend found a frog yesterday as well! In the grass.

We need to, uh, clean out the ponds so, they're a mess. Hope the poor frog isn't living there.

Cleaned out some overgrown beds beside the polytunnel there yesterday, felt good, need to start taking before and after photos.

and start a blog

and getting a book deal out of my bullshit feel-good blog about moving to the country

'this bullshit home grown garlic is much nicer than store bought stuff. warms your heart, if you're the sort of tosser who believes that sort of nonsense'.

on that topic, i got the garlic in the ground over the last two weekends. planted the garlic and then several days later realised i'd forgotten to plant the elephant garlic.

I pulled up a clump of what I'm going to call, field grass, from our front lawn. So there's a new big divot in there for the winter. Top work dickhead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back