Game of Thrones Season 8 (2 Viewers)

I think that's consistent. Same with the Dothraki. Dothraki follow strength, Unsullied follow orders
Maybe you're right. But I was a little uncomfortable with all the whooping and hollering coming from the dark skinned people with precious little to buck that trend.

Anyway here's GRRM. Not effusive with praise but hardly critical:
The last night, the last show. After eight epic seasons, HBO’s GAME OF THRONES series has come to an end.

I want to thank people, but there are so many. There were forty-two cast members at the season eight premiere in New York City, and that wasn’t even all of them. And the crew, though less visible than the cast, were no less important. We had some amazing people working on this show, as all those Emmys bear witness. David & Dan assembled a championship team. The directors were incredible as well. I should start naming names, but then I’d miss someone, there were so many. But I do need to mention David Benioff, Dan Weiss, Bryan Cogman (the third head of the dragon, as I said in the recent VANITY FAIR piece about him), and of course the great team at HBO, headed by Richard Plepler. Any other network, and GAME OF THRONES would not have been what it became. Most other networks, this series never gets made at all.

I could go on and on… and have, as I’ve been writing this post in my head… but there’s really too much to say. Parting is such sweet sorrow, the Bard wrote. In the weeks and months to come, I may post about some of my favorite moments from the making of this show… now and again, when I am feeling nostalgic… but just now, there are so many memories, and no time to do them all justice.

And I’m writing. Winter is coming, I told you, long ago… and so it is. THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done. I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING.

I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had six hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them.

Abridged from http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Finished this last night 4 years after the event. Really enjoyed that season. Satisfying ending. Can't see what all the fuss was about now.

Yeah I thought the ending was fine

Though my brother came up with a slightly better one

After Jon kills Danerys the dragon shoots fire at him, but he's not killed because he's the rightful king or a Targaryen or whatever. Then he hops on the dragon and fucks off back to the wall where he belongs, and sets the dragon free when he gets there. Everything else is more or less the same

Greyworm could have done with getting a solid to the head from JS, but otherwise a pretty good wrap up. Pity Ygritte wasn't still alive to meet him with the wolf.

I'm tempted to watch it all again, but I've got the new one out from the library. And I can remember plenty of rubbishy bits that I couldn't really be bothered sitting through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back