Game of Thrones Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Shifting or shafting?

First part was brilliant I thought. Way more powerful and effective than the overdone spectacle of what came before. I like the way it rediscovered it's humour towards the end as well. Sansa telling yer man to sit down. And was the last line of dialogue really about bringing a jackass into a brothel? If so, kudos.

Shifting or shafting?

First part was brilliant I thought. Way more powerful and effective than the overdone spectacle of what came before. I like the way it rediscovered it's humour towards the end as well. Sansa telling yer man to sit down. And was the last line of dialogue really about bringing a jackass into a brothel? If so, kudos.

i think it was

the queen in the north

Shifting or shafting?

That's a joke that Tyrion has tried to tell a few times over the series, but always gets cut off. Lovely touch letting him try one last time and *still* doesn't get to finish it

I'm quite pleased with how it all turned out. It wasn't predictable. Satisfying, says I.

And I like the reveal that Daenerys didn't go mad, that rather she was kinda mental all along and everyone didn't realise cos they were only seeing what they wanted to see

In other news I have come to hate the GoT fanbase. If the show was as lame as most of the objections those pricks are making then it'd have never got to season 2

I didn't hate it but also thought it was a bit stupid and the season as whole was way too rushed. Like Bran, he's a bit of a shit Spock really isn't he? "Ah I knew you were going to say that but I had no advice to give before or after"

I was right for a second!!
It appears that various lords gathered to force a confrontation with the Unsullied about the prisoners Tyrion and Jon Snow and the status of King’s Landing. But then one of those prisoners suggests they pick a ruler for the realm. They then … do just that. Right there and then. Huh?

It really undoes much of what we’ve learned about Westeros as a land of ruthlessly competing interests to see a group of far-flung factions unanimously agree to give the crown to the literal opposite of a “people person.” Yes, the council is dominated by protagonist types whom we know to be good-hearted and tired of war. But surely someone—hello, new prince of Dorne! What’s up, noted screamer Robin Arryn?—would make more of a case for another candidate than poor Edmure Tully did. Rather than hashing out the intrigue of it all as Thrones once would have done, we got Sam bringing up the concept of democracy and getting laughed down. The joke relied on the worst kind of anachronistic humor—breaking the fourth wall that had been so carefully mortared up over all these years—and much of the rest of the episode would coast on similarly wack moments.
Link
Hard to disagree with the above.

Hard to disagree with the above.

I’d disagree with it, since they whole narrative arc of the show has led to a point where pragmatists are leading most of the families, but I have my own issue (which I’m sure will be addressed if/when Martin ever writes it) and that is

why were they prisoners at all? Why weren’t they just summarily executed?

I don't think we need spoilers anymore?

One massive plothole that annoyed me. Jon kills Dany, then goes up to Greyworm. "Listen, I'm after killing Dany, right, and Drogon scarpered with the body. We cool?".

After how rage filled we saw he was, and how much tension he'd had with Jon in the last two episodes, Greyworm doesn't destroy him there and then, or the Dothraki?

I'm mostly looking at this through the eye of the directors cut box sets coming out with extra scenes down the line, like they've already been talking in public about how cleganebowl was filmed to a be a linear rather than an cut with something else scene

I’d disagree with it, since they whole narrative arc of the show has led to a point where pragmatists are leading most of the families, but I have my own issue (which I’m sure will be addressed if/when Martin ever writes it) and that is

why were they prisoners at all? Why weren’t they just summarily executed?
That joke was so lame though. Pure wink and a nod stuff.

I think they tried to play it as Grey Worm just having no clue what to do once his Queen was gone. Like he needed someone to tell him to kill Jon in order to do it.

What I have a problem with was quite how many Unsullied and Dothraki were left. We were led to believe there were very few surviving the battle with the Others and should have been fewer still after the latest. Also how these foreign armies were portrayed as completely bloodthirsty and unthinking, where as the Westerosi were the only reasonable ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back