Game of Thrones Season 8 (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
On Sunday, HBO aired what could be the last new episode of Game of Thrones for a very long time.

Production on the fantasy drama's eighth season is slated to begin in October and run as late as August 2018, sources say. That could push the return of the abbreviated six-episode final run into 2019 with a more than 16-month gap between seasons. (HBO would neither confirm nor deny the rumors.)

'Game of Thrones': Why the Wait for the Final Season Isn't a Big Deal (Anymore)

might even get a new book before then....

i dunno man. there's a lot of money at stake.

Sometimes when I try to understand a person’s motives, I play a little game. I assume the worst. Or the most human.
Is it likely that an already very rich man would choose to just coast on glory and be feted everywhere he goes, or would he choose to sit in an empty room dedicating endless hours to a project he started 30 years ago and no longer cares about?

Sometimes when I try to understand a person’s motives, I play a little game. I assume the worst. Or the most human.
Is it likely that an already very rich man would choose to just coast on glory and be feted everywhere he goes, or would he choose to sit in an empty room dedicating endless hours to a project he started 30 years ago and no longer cares about?

i wonder what his book deal says

Fair enough. I have no idea.

The dude likes being rich and famous more than he likes being a working writer is what it looks like to me.

It's a pity, cos this is the kind of stuff a really good ghost writer could bang out in six months.

whatever could you mean by that?

DIAkIh2VYAABSrB.jpg

Fair enough. I have no idea.

The dude likes being rich and famous more than he likes being a working writer is what it looks like to me.

It's a pity, cos this is the kind of stuff a really good ghost writer could bang out in six months.
You are a capitalist monster. If you want a shitty badly written fantasy book every 6 months go read Neil Gaiman or someone.

My argument would be a lot stronger if George R R Martin was a really good writer.

also this: http://io9.gizmodo.com/rest-easy-george-r-r-martin-a-computer-program-has-w-1798541924

Is Gaiman shit? i've always suspected so...
Not entirely, he's an ideas factory - he'd be great to have in the room if you were pitching TV show episodes - but imho neither a great stylist nor thinker. I find his ideas very shallow, lots of "oh this is a cool idea" but no thinking about what the implications of it are. It could be just a personal thing though, he does seem tremendously nice and of course he has that hair. Some of his books have been made into wonderful films (Stardust/Coraline/ arguably Mirrormask).

I still need to read Neverwhere, which a lot of people swear by, and some more Sandman, which I've only read a small bit of, before I completely write him off.

He's too big to completely ignore anyway, "with an introduction by Neil Gaiman" is a phrase no-one's library has escaped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back