Game Of Thrones Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Well some of the storylines are still very much at the beginning of Book 4 but 4 and 5 run concurrently (up to a point) so that's hardly surprising. What's really interesting right now is how much divergence there is from the books. Some arcs are going as planned, some wildly different and others subtly altered. It means you've no idea where any storyline is headed even if it seems to be headed as expected. But credit to the showrunners I think every decision they've made has been spot on (except ditching Irri, I will never forgive them for that :mad:). I like how they appear to be using characters that people are already familiar with to appropriate roles of newer characters. So instead of introducing tonnes more new faces there's a little bit more continuity for the people who only watch the show.

Yeah, I wonder how they'll deal with the bit where you discover The Hound is alive when he attacks Castle Black and hacks Jon Snow's head off?

Anyone still watching?
Theon has to kill this evil hobbit now right?
The Dorne stuff is so crappy. They are pissing on Prince Sexys grave.

Agreed that the Dorne segments are a big disappointment. But lapping up the series all the same. Braavos and the House of Black and White are amazing. Tyrion and Mormont are a great new wandering duo, love every second they're on screen. Winterfell looks gorgeous, great to be back there even if the viewing is pretty horrible. Theon has to grow some balls soon, I don't think I can take much more of that. Unless Ramsey took the beans as well as frank?

The North stuff is great so far. Please don't kill off Stannis you cunts.

/r/gameofthrones is helping me work through my Dorne issues.

They’ve introduced too many new characters this season. I’ve no idea who some of them are despite having read the books. That guy from Mereen who wants the fighting pits reopened is a douche.

It's been slow fuckin going this series. It's like they've chickened out of bringing in new characters, which means it's less likely they'll do anything too mad to the existing ones. It's also become very predictable as to what's going to happen in the long and short run... enjoyed the denouement in the crypt last night, though it was telegraphed that it was coming in the 3rd episode... anyway. I guess it'll get gorier in the next few episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back