Game of Thrones Season 4 - EXPECT SPOILERS (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 653
  • Views 41K
  • Watchers 8
My friend is worried that the TV show is going to catch up to the books.
There's no question. He can't possibly stay ahead of them. The show has been renewed for two seasons. The writers suggested that they might condense the next two books but I can't see them doing that now. They will follow the books even less from here but will squeeze two seasons from the two remaining books, padded with extra action for the ADD viewers. By that time maybe, just maybe, he'll be finished the 6th book and they can consider their options again. But even if they do make it to that 6th book (7th season), they'll be fucked thereafter. Lots of conjecture about what happens then. GRRM suggested going back to some of his other works and doing prequels, which would drive everybody round the bend. Who knows the show might lose a bit of momentum and get cancelled. Maybe a movie for the last book (if it even is the last).

I think a lot of people are just assuming that because the writers know what happens in the end that they'll be somehow allowed to just plough ahead. I know they've handled the material really well but I still can't see that happening. That has to be the ultimate sacrifice for a writer. Let somebody else shoot the load of your magnum opus - nah.

I don't really understand how this thing can reasonably end. Surely the whole set up is contrary to achieving unity or harmony. It just has to stop at some point. Unless, like in real life, where the only unity to the world could arise nuclear destruction, the unity is the ultimate icy fiery death of everyone. That would be coooool.

I don't really understand how this thing can reasonably end. Surely the whole set up is contrary to achieving unity or harmony. It just has to stop at some point. Unless, like in real life, where the only unity to the world could arise nuclear destruction, the unity is the ultimate icy fiery death of everyone. That would be coooool.

Consider how The Wire or The Sopranos ended, the viewers just left but the world was set up to just carry on, There seems to be too much going on in GOT for them to tie everything up, so either they leave, or like you said, everyone dies.

And no, Tony did not fucking die at the end.

Daenyrs is important as she is now missing a dragon and Bran has been told that he's going to fly. Remember his dream/vision and the rather large shadow?

capture2.gif

ridiculous? the children of the forest had to come into it somewhere. come on. there's already been warging, and three eyed dream birds. come on. trees with faces. ice zombies and a gigantic wall of ice. come on. come on!

well i might have been half-asleep and a bit delirious from too much dairy, the whole episode seemed a bit bizarre to me

i'll have to rewatch it with a clear head

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back