Gah. Tech Help. Thanx. (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Sorry for the thread, inappropriate forum as well but I have a morbid fear of the 1100011010101 forum because it's full of dweebs. (Soz guys. I :heart: you really)

The internet won't make any noise for me... my winamp is playing no problem but youtube, myspace and a couple of other lads aren't running with sound (I think there's actually a problem with the visual in the video players too).

Can anyone with a bigger brain than me suggest what's going on? Does my machine have the viradiddle?

did ya try the basic stuff?
-rebooting the machine
-check how much disk space you have left

I thought this only happened with Ubuntu Linux.

You are running windows?
This solution is for WINDOWS ONLY!!! Unfortunately I believe it is a bug in flash itself as I have read more than one instance of this same no audio problem occuring on MAC'S and LINUX based systems as well. IF YOU KNOW OF SOLUTIONS TO THE MAC OR LINUX BASED PROBLEMS, PLEASE POST THEM IN THIS THREAD.

Description of the problem: Video sites such as YouTube, VideoSift, Break, Google Videos, Yahoo, and a plethora of others do not stream embedded audio. Viewing a YouTube video, for example, on VideoSift.com results in the video playing back with no audio. However, by going directly to YouTube and playing back the same video, it appears to work.

THERE ARE SEVERAL POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS.

Problem: You may be missing your WAVEMAPPER driver.
Cause: Wavemapper driver was removed during installation or updating of the Flash Player. It might not necessarily be Flash that removes it but apparently something does.
Solution #1: Google "Flash No Audio WAVEMAPPER" for directions, its been covered a bunch, but basically requires running REGEDIT and readding the WAVEMAPPER key to the appropriate location and value in the registry. Its not as difficult as it sounds.

http://weyland.be/wrdprss/index.php/2006/08/22/no-sound-in-macromedia-flash-player-9/

if your wavemapper key is installed correctly...
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webfor...d=44&catid=184&threadid=1252570&enterthread=y

worth a look maybe.

I was having exactly the same problem this morning. Myspace player and youtube were mute. All Just seemed to fix itself. Works fine now. Recommended course of action: do nothing.

Tenks leddds, everything seems to be back in order again for no reason. Guess I'll just pretend it never happened and freak out again next time it does.

:heart:

Edit:
Oh, btw- what I was hunting for when I realised I had the problem, was KC and the Sunshine Band's 'Baby Give It Up' video, because I got it into my head that it was gonna be totally rad. Turns out it's pretty fuckin crappy. Great song, but someone else could have done it way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back