Future for the GOP (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
I know there's still an outside chance that they might win next week, which will change everything, but it's hard to imagine where they can go from here. There seems to be a large section of the party who want to pull them further to the right but that strikes me as political suicide. What should/will they do?

ah for fecks sake, sure up until Obama came along the democrats were up shit creek and all. The Republicans just need to regroup, and they will. They don't even need an inspirational candidate - they just need someone with a bit of charisma who's not ancient or batshit crazy. I'm actually starting to think they put the worst possible ticket forward this time on purpose, just to get McCain out of the way and give themselves a chance to regroup after the disaster that was the Bush presidency.

Sarah Palin, loose?
She's a married woman Shaney.
She would LOSE though. <chuckle>

Ah no. There is talk, good talk, of a struggle for the soul of the Republicans.
The GOP is comrpised of essentially three groups:
You have the Republican thinkers, whose ideologies on market are the way they are etc etc, but are smart people.
And You have the morons.
And you have the Christian Fundies.

The last two there are not mutually exclusive.
And, apparantly, at the moment the Fundies are fighting for power with the "Republicans" (ie the deregulate everything type ideologues).
You will know who wins by the next candidate.
If Palin (or one of her Anti science type brethern) is the next nomination, the Fundies won.
Otherwise the Republicans won.
If you get me.

edit, oh yeah, the morons just vote republican for some reason. I dont know why. They just do. They have no interest in politics or anything else really, other than keeping upity east coast types hand's off their guns. They will vote if the fundies win, or if the "Reps" win.

*if* obama wins, he'll inherit an economy which is taking a kicking. if it's not turned around in his four years, he'll struggle at the next election, once palin has had a chance to bone up on foreign affairs and use her passport. she'll probably be able to run for higher office in the meantime, which will help with the inexperience problem.

I'd be surprised if Palin gets the nomination.
Really surprised. The only people that like her are Fundies (and morons).
The "real" Republicans hate her. She is the reason that "real" Republicans are voting Dem this year.

If she gets the nomination, it could split the party, and cause mass defections.

Ah no. There is talk, good talk, of a struggle for the soul of the Republicans.
The GOP is comrpised of essentially three groups:
You have the Republican thinkers, whose ideologies on market are the way they are etc etc, but are smart people.
And You have the morons.
And you have the Christian Fundies.
The Bush presidency, the way see it, is an alliance between the Christian Right and the "republican thinkers" - allow the corporations to do whatever the fuck they like, George, and you can do what you like about God

Yeah. Bush was more or less the perfect alignment of Republican thinkers, Fundies, and... whatever. Other.

Then amongst the thinkers there is the split between the neo cons and the more traditional guys, but that was very in house I think.

Its funny, the press here have a name for them now... what is it they are calling them... em, "low information voters" or something.

I think though, what you have to say if Palin gets the 2012 nomination, is "wonderful", because she is unelectable.
They'll lose.
Again.

I think though, what you have to say if Palin gets the 2012 nomination, is "wonderful", because she is unelectable.
They'll lose.
Again.
Yeah. Maybe. I hope you're right.

If she gets the nomination, the stakes will be seriously high though. Like a game of Russian roullette. Wouldn't fancy it.

Look at me trying to be all intelligent saying GOP rather than Republican.

Anyway, what do yiz think now? Obama is unpopular and the party seems to be taken over by loo las, even by Karl Rove's standards.

I don't think Obama is unpopular - he has a pretty solid approval rating.

He's done the right thing, say little or nothing, don't get involved, stay aloof of the day to day bullshit, wait for the Tea Party and the GOP to tear each other apart and then step into the fray.

Have you seen that O'Donnell woman - a fucking looper - the tea party is going to keep pushing nutters through the primaries and damaging the chance of a republican winning in the actual election.

his approval rating has dropped 20% + since his election though and its not looking like it's gonna pick up anytime soon either.however,with the problems he's faced since getting in i don't think anyone could hope to do any better than he has.
i think the republicans might just shade it at the elections but it will be awfully tight.
anyway,im off to look up this o'donnell one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back