full-scale war between the US and Iran (1 Viewer)

Threads
I would sympathise with the anti-Yanukovych side generally but yeah, this thing of American senators/congressmen going about the place siding with protesters over elected governments really sticks in the craw.
I think we're seeing another cold war of sorts as Russia seeks to reassert itself while the US is in a period of (relative) decline. Add a newly powerful China and an emerging India to the mix and things get increasingly interesting.

diauhdiad?

Supporter
Threads
The book on the overthrow of Mosaddegh in 1953 linked in that article is a great read. The brits and the americans had their own (bad) reasons to want him out but your man Kermit Roosevelt (I thought the muppets made that name up) orchestrated it all seemly for the thrill of it.

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I've been enjoying being proved right about this for well over a decade but all bets are off now.

diauhdiad?

Supporter
Threads
It's almost amusing that the Saudis are planning to turn Qatar into an island with a saudi military base and a nuclear waste dump on it

Saudi waterway to turn Qatar into island

Back on topic...
Will Iranian Kurds be on front lines of US conflict with Iran?

The Donald Trump administration is moving to increase pressure on Iran from Iraqi Kurdistan by appointing an Iran expert to head the US Consulate in Erbil. The move comes as armed Iranian Kurdish opposition groups have intensified their attacks on Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) positions in western Iran.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads