Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker (1993) (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 6
I don't think it's an arty thing at all, I think it's just enjoying some fuck off noise at the end of a blistering song. I didn't even notice it went on that long, sits there perfectly.
Not arty, but art. If you get the wanky distinction. To do it for a minute is grand, but for four minutes says, this is our record, our sound, we'll do what we want. We're in control. That's fucking art right there, baby. ART!

Not arty, but art. If you get the wanky distinction. To do it for a minute is grand, but for four minutes says, this is our record, our sound, we'll do what we want. We're in control. That's fucking art right there, baby. ART!
i love that bit

it totally reordered my musical brain back in the day. i’m more or less still dealing with the aftermath of it, i suppose.

Totally. Because you're asking yourself "what's the point of this?" Then you have to work that out. Then you're thinking differently about music. But by the same token, you reach a point where you can just fast forward and not feel guilty.

it was like learning a whole new beautiful amazing way to tell the world to fuck off

and it goes straight from that into the bouncy instrumental track from there!

and i realised this morning that i still know almost all the album lyrics by heart

ok i’ll stop now

actually i can’t stop

I wonder what it’s like to listen to this now as a sort of historical document. Because when I was first getting my head around it, it was the outcome of a whole system, and a present, existing reality. You could listen to it and say, hey, this is great. And these guys have these standards that they hold themselves to! Not just musical, but social, even ethical. Whoa, weird! And they’ll be playing a gig here in a few months. And my friends’ band are supporting!

I wonder how much it’s possible to grasp, from 2016, just how different they were in almost everything they did. I think it’s part of the reason I never really got into at the drive-in, because they seemed to be doing all the same sounds, but without any of what made it so interesting and so important

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back