Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker (1993) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 6
I've only got the self-titled EP and Margin Walker, both of which I love but for some reason have never bought anything else by them. First listen now and it's hitting the spot, great balance of catchy songs and real fucking fire. And @Hector Grey is right about the guitars, this is the sort of thing I aspire to.

I knew a load of people years ago who were into punk and hardcore, So i would hear the name Fugazi a lot. I expected them to be another hamfisted punk band. I was pleasantly surprised. Fugazi were an interesting listen. Good players, not obvious songs at all, weird grooves. I tend to prefer Guy (it's pronounced Gee) Picciotto's voice. I have 13 songs & Repeater. I'm just listening to IOTKT for the first time now. First impression, it's aged really well, but not very hooky......

I'm at the halfway point, minor complaint, the 3 or 4 minutes of noise and feedback on 23 beats off, I find that really tedious. next song...

This is an amazing album. I know every second of it and I love it to bits. It makes me absolutely feel like an old man to listen to it, though. I remember studying every microscopic detail of it for weeks on end. First got a copy of it on tape from Mr. Stephen Doyle, late of this parish. Fugazi basically changed a lot of the ways that I not only listened to music, but that I actually lived my life (if that’s not too dramatic a statement), so I suppose there’s a case to be made that this was the most important album I ever listened to. Well, this or Red Medicine. Or End Hits. Or eventually the Argument. Basically all the stuff Pete doesn’t like. Also I always thought that the handclaps in ‘Public Witness Program’ are like a hidden doo-wop jewel in the middle of a raging burst of guitar frenzy. Jesus I love this album.

I loved them at the time,but that lyric always floated around.
I find my interest in Fugazi decreasing at an alarming rate.

I could listen to 13 songs and repeater for ever but anything after that just seems to have lost something. Tunes, maybe?

Fugazi basically changed a lot of the ways that I not only listened to music, but that I actually lived my life (if that’s not too dramatic a statement), so I suppose there’s a case to be made that this was the most important album I ever listened to.
Wow. I remember that you loved this but I didn't know how much. I'm finding it a bit underwhelming now tbh

Gave this one full listen today, not sure I'd want to listen again.
Sweet and Low and Last Chance for a slow dance are the only things to catch my ear.
The playing is quality overall, but there's not enough tunes for me. The "vocals" are awful throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back