fucking christmas ad?????? (1 Viewer)

victormeldrew0410_468x493.jpg

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!

What about North Pole, Alaska? It's Christmas there 365 days a year. Awesome or what?

You'd probably see Roy Wood a lot too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/dec/23/usgunviolence.usa

Bad tidings

In the tiny town of North Pole, Alaska, it's Christmas 365 days of the year. Santa is king, schoolchildren are his 'little helpers' replying to letters from around the world - good cheer is a civic duty. So why did six pupils plot a Columbine-style massacre last April? Jon Ronson investigates

It is a Monday in late October and I'm standing inside a smoke-filled shop in the tiny Alaskan town of North Pole, population 1,600. This shop sells only two things: cigarettes and Lotto scratchcards. Chain-smoking gamblers sit at the counter and demolish mountains of scratchcards. They have names like Royal Jackpot, Blame It On Rio and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. It's a pretty desperate place.Outside, people are going about their business on Frosty Avenue. Friends are chatting on Kris Kringle Drive. A gang of hoodies are slouched against the candy-cane striped streetlights on Santa Claus Lane, having just emerged from the Christmas-themed McDonald's. Everything in North Pole is Christmas-themed. It is Christmas Day 365 days a year. The decorations are always up. It never stops being Christmas here. Never. Wherever you are in the world, if you write a letter to Santa, and address it simply "Santa, North Pole", your letter will most likely end up in this tiny Alaskan town.
Actually, specifically, your Santa letter will end up right here, in this smoke-filled scratchcard and cigarette shop. It's late October, and boxes of them are already piled up on the counter near the fruit machine. They're automatically forwarded here from the post office. I pick up an envelope at random. It has only one word scrawled on it, in a child's handwriting: "Santa." It's postmarked Doncaster.
I get talking to Debbie who works here, selling scratchcards to the gamblers. Debbie is herself achain-smoker, a blousy strawberry-blonde with a tough, good-looking face. She says she can frequently be found alone in here in floods of tears having opened yet another heartbreaker. "Just before you got here," she says, "I opened one that said, 'Dear Santa. All I want for Christmas is for my mother and father to stop shouting at each other.' I just fell apart."
"We get a lot of, 'Could you bring my father back from Iraq?' " says Gaby, the shop's owner.....

(article continues)

Mincers are the best thing about christmas

I won't be opening a box until then though. Whats the fucking point of christmas you're gonna start eating mince pies now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back