FUCKIN JESUS PRICKS (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
I never answer the door unless I know who's coming.
Once or twice recently my fella popped in without telling me beforehand so I thought maybe he was dropping in on his way home from work.

It weren't him but, it was a man from the post office, it was pissing rain, so I said, 'step in'.
'You're the first decent person I've met this evening' he says.

He asked how long I've been living here, and my name. I thought 'rad, it'll be something to do with parcels or something'.

Then, just as he was about to leave, he said 'it's about a tv license'.
I said: 'I don't own a tv, so that's fine' (this is true)
He said: 'Can I check that?'
I said 'No' (my housemates have tvs)
He said: 'ok, thanks'
I said: 'that was a little dishonest of you, you should have identified yourself as a tv license inspector'
He said: 'I told you I was with An Post'
I said: 'you didn't identify yourself as a tv license inspector, or produce any ID' (he had a card in his hand but didn't show it to me)

So, what's gonna happen, and what can I do? It was a bit stupid to go on the offence as it clearly indicates guilt, but I don't actually own or watch a tv.

Next time call the cops and say someone is trying to break into your gaff (pretending to be a post man). Worked for a friend of mine.

that's dodgy that he said he didn't identify himself as a tv inspectorman.

saying that, it must be a grindingly shit job.

maybe the 'an post' line is what he tells people down the pub when they ask what he does.

Same happened to me a few years ago. I told him that I had only started to move in a few seconds ago, that there was no TV in the living room, there was nobody else here and I wasn't going to start snooping around the bedrooms of people I had never met to see if they had TVs but that I really wanted to do all I could to help except he couldn't come into the house. It worked.

Sorry you got rumbled A.

Thats mad the same thing happened to us just a few hours ago. Ella answered the door and he was all 'I'm from an post' - prick!
He asked for our landlady by name which was a bit wierd. He didn't ask to check but we dont have a tv in the sitting room anyway.
He got Ella's name tho..:mad:

I'd say it is an awful job. Can you imagine the shit they get? I felt bad that I was kind of cross with him, but I still think he should have identified himself, tricksy little hobbit. He was so nice too.

I rang my ma to whinge and tell her how it was bollox, she said 'you're feeling bolshy now, but you'll probably get the lads together and pay it'. She's not wrong. I feel less bolshy already.

Grandmaster O- way ahead of you.

Edit- Bizzarre-o. They must have some 'awesome mega cool people' list of gaffs Mazz.

_41439239_licence_203_300_pa.jpg

if anyone told me at the door 'i'm from an post' it'd scream TV licence inspector?
anyway, i know someone who had the TV licence inspector at the door, who had disguised himself as a sky salesman.

we've been getting those "inspectors are in your area" letters for ages now. what is the likelihood of a visit? also, if they find an unlicensed tv, can you just say grand, i'll get the licence straight away or will they fine you on the spot?

if anyone told me at the door 'i'm from an post' it'd scream TV licence inspector?

Completely. I'm a fuckin eejit. I actually have a 'don't open the door incase it's the tv license inspector' policy!

But you see, I'm expecting packages, and I dont really know how all that works, and I was excited, and it was raining and he was very nice, and I was stressed with study and... zzzzz I'm a TV license FAILURE.

I thought bolshy meant kind of fighty or obstreperous. That's how I felt for a good hour afters anyway.

we've been getting those "inspectors are in your area" letters for ages now. what is the likelihood of a visit? also, if they find an unlicensed tv, can you just say grand, i'll get the licence straight away or will they fine you on the spot?

They'll say "Get one straight away, OR ELSE".

Then they'll leave you alone for 12 months. After that they'll hassle you with threatening bullshit letters forevermore.
I get those letters. We have a tv licence. All they have to do is check their records which will say "seanc's gaff has a tv licence."
Cuntimus maximus.

I thought it didn't matter whether or not you actually owned a tv.
You need a tv license if your gaff is capable of receiving a signal, i.e., has an aerial on the roof or has cable.

Could be wrong though....

Word on the street is that the 'TV licence' will soon be a 'TV & Computer' licence. RTE are losing money now that people prefer to watch Youtube than Fair City and get their 6.01 news fix all day from BBCnews.com sans angelus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back