Fuck Twitter (1 Viewer)

I've started a Mastodon as have loads of people in recent days but I don't see too many people deleting of not using Twitter at all. Suspect Masto is just an insurance policy if plug is pulled quickly on Twitter.

50% of twitter is probably totally grand with all this.

some % is work acc's that people cant actually pull anyways.

I just think it'll become shitter than it already is, with tiered tick levels across different prices.

Data will be sold every direction too.

50% of twitter is probably totally grand with all this.

some % is work acc's that people cant actually pull anyways.

I just think it'll become shitter than it already is, with tiered tick levels across different prices.

Data will be sold every direction too.

A number of changes down the years have arguably made it worse but it's never driven many people away. Longer tweets, group DMs, Top Tweets and lots of other tinkering has made it overall a less satisfactory experience than it once was.

one of the biggest problems for me with mastodon, so far, is the bold text as the default way that posts are presented

is there some way to switch this to a normal font weight? don’t see anything in the settings about it, it’s hurting my eyes

I mean this kind of thing:

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 12.09.33 PM.png

ok, in case anyone cares, it’s actually easy to fix — go to edit profile » preferences » appearance, then select the option “use system's default font” under “animations and accessibility”

one of the biggest problems for me with mastodon, so far, is the bold text as the default way that posts are presented

is there some way to switch this to a normal font weight? don’t see anything in the settings about it, it’s hurting my eyes

I mean this kind of thing:

View attachment 16403

I left Facebook last year. Haven't missed it for one second; the only page on it I couldn't otherwise follow set up on Instagram the following week.

I was being over archingly sarcastic and making a swipe at folks who left twitter on principle last week being bored of principle this week because they used up all that energy signing up for mastadon or giving out about it. Not any people here though

so if I understand things right, a few hours ago, twitter attempted to bring back the second, grey “checkmark” for officially-verified accounts, for a second time, but it has apparently now been abandoned again (re-abandoned?). and it’s currently the middle of the night in san francisco, so who the hell knows what’ll happen when everyone wakes up over there

anyway, it’s all going great

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back