Fuck Twitter (3 Viewers)

It's a direct quote by the cartoonist behind Dilbert which has subsequently been dropped by many publications. Musk chimed in somewhere with a what's the fuss tweet. It's the news at the min.

A couple of cases in the US supreme court currently against twiiter

If I had to guess - and no one's making me - he's saying that the media is so overcome with white guilt and so bent to the woke mob and outrage culture, that they (the media) are reflexively overreacting to every situation for fear of being branded racist, and also to appear to be progressively non-racist/anti-racist
This creates problems and exacerbates situations, which would be fine if they to be more level-headed about things
And liberal white people in general get everyone's backs up on racism and they won't leave well enough alone

This position is wrong on a number of levels and also just a guess

To a point be line between 'the media' and 'the public' isn't really what it was.

example:

Stupid Enoch Burke case wasn't off the news for a week. FINALLY it was fading. People stopped giving a fuck. Then that stag party gag went viral. At those share and like niumbers, we are not talking media, we are talking public. Burke is back front page of the internet thanks to the public, and of course in the ratings game that the media exist in, they have to syphon some of that momentum into internet hits again so they all had to have Burke stories again.

'the media' live in a fringe blur with the public in the present. The public are as culpable as the media at times because ratings* can't fight the tide.

*number for advertisers, who are funding the media, who are funded by the public.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back