Fuck Homeopathy! (1 Viewer)

Well, I don't have a specific beef except that I'm not sure it's making any difference or that he really knows what he's doing. I got some stretches to do and he gave me a few leg rubs and acupuncture. He says I'm making great progress even if I don't think so myself so I guess it must be true,

Physiotherapy is legit, unlike chirporactic. although I once had one practice his acupuncture on me so I don't know. Quacks everywhere

Well, I don't have a specific beef except that I'm not sure it's making any difference or that he really knows what he's doing. I got some stretches to do and he gave me a few leg rubs and acupuncture. He says I'm making great progress even if I don't think so myself so I guess it must be true,
I would look for somebody else. In my experience the difference between a good and bad one can be world's apart even if they charge roughly the same amount.

I would look for somebody else. In my experience the difference between a good and bad one can be world's apart even if they charge roughly the same amount.
^This. Some of them are amazing but there are some lunatics out there too. Not that they are doing harm but you want someone who uses a solid evidence base in their practice.

I had a physio do some needle work on my shoulder. It was fantastic. But yea, I went to two different guys for my shoulder. One was all "come back next week, then again in 2 weeks etc" the other guys said "I don't even want to see you twice unless it is really bad".
I saw him twice, it was really bad. But twice only. He was great.

i asked a friend who is a physio if leg massage for treating lactic acid in athletes (road race cyclists etc.) worked.
he said while it had a big placebo affect but no proven psychical affect.

since then there was a BBC4 documentary (a few years back) about placebo treatments.
in some cases they genuinely worked i.e. the body healed itself merely
because the person thought the medicine was legit.
even when people who were told the pills were dummies there were cases somehow they worked !
a lot of potential in this area but like anything lots of research to be done first.

there seems to be two (legitimate and somewhat complementary) physio approaches - route a is to focus on reliving the pain through massage, freeing up muscles etc, route b involves some of route a but foucses more on building strength in other supporting muscles to take pressure of the afflicted area, leading to an improved outcome/reduced pain in the longer term. yours sounds like a route b guy/girl - I had similar with a knee injury a few years ago - took a while to get right but have never had serious problems since, and indeed can to some extent self treat when i do due to the fact Ive been shown the correct strengthening exercises.

there seems to be two (legitimate and somewhat complementary) physio approaches - route a is to focus on reliving the pain through massage, freeing up muscles etc, route b involves some of route a but foucses more on building strength in other supporting muscles to take pressure of the afflicted area, leading to an improved outcome/reduced pain in the longer term. yours sounds like a route b guy/girl - I had similar with a knee injury a few years ago - took a while to get right but have never had serious problems since, and indeed can to some extent self treat when i do due to the fact Ive been shown the correct strengthening exercises.
Yeah, that sounds about right. If only I'd do the exercises...

Not sure about that. If they're just massaging you they're a masseur/masseuse. A physio might want to work out the scar tissue, break it down to allow for healing. This would be generally more rigorous and painful than a massage. Then they would also want to build strength up in the surrounding muscles as you say. Obviously they can do a lot more than that as well but any physio worth their salt should really be doing both of those things at a minimum in most scenarios.

I went to a new doctor today, just found one nearby on google, very nice guy. He put my mind at rest about a couple of things and only charged €30. Then on the way out I noticed he's also a homeopath (is that the word?). Does this cancel out his conventional medical qualifications?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Has anyone done this joke yet?:

There was a spill today at the local homeopathy plant, and it's appearing that some of the homeopathic solutions spilled and were running off into the water table and nearby river.

Several fire engines arrived on the site of the spill, and made frantic attempts to wash down the scene. According to reports: "This only made matters worse".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back