From Beyond Part II featured Eamon Ivri (Lighghts) plus support. (1 Viewer)

From Beyond Part II featured Eamon Ivri (Lighghts) plus support.
Posted by Space
Unit 44
Friday, August 5, 2022 - 08:00 PM
Until: Friday, August 5, 2022 - 10:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Space

is deep
Supporter
Solutions
From Beyond! Part II Friday 5th August Featuring Eamon Ivri (Cork)
plus support

Unit 44 Prussia Street Doors 8 euro // 7.30pm

For part two of From Beyond! we’re delighted to have Eamon Ivri up from Cork, perhaps better known for performing under the Lighght moniker, they’ll be exploring their more experimental side under their own name for this one.

"Eamon Ivri's strange and ever-evolving musical output across a multitude of aliases (such as 'Lighght') explores a range of wild sound material – from the crushing and contorted to the tactile and ambient"

“Irish producer Lighght’s mischievous Twitter persona and tendency for long, jokey track titles shouldn’t be taken as a lack of seriousness. His debut album was one of our favourites of 2019, and this mini-album is intense and beautiful. Straight-faced in its presentation, it builds from soft ambience to the industrial ecstasy of “St. Bliss,” then right back down again—all with exquisite musicality and textural manipulation that blends together perfectly.“ - Joe Muggs for The Best Electronic Music on Bandcamp: March, 2021.

On Holy Endings, Lighght leans into the euphoric with an electroacoustic album where he meticulously assembles mallet instruments, field recordings, and vocal samples over crackling textures and booming thuds of percussion.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

…From Beyond is a series of nights exploring cracked electronics, undulating drones and the underbelly of rock posturing…

295253438_10158214960331741_864976432517416220_n.jpg

This is tonight. Doors at 8 first act shortly afterwards.. There will be tickets on the door but get in early to avoid disappointment.

Not around. Good luck with it.

Cool little venue for such a basic set-up. I was in there last week for the Susan Geaney thing...nice, clean audio set-up. Reminds me of deadly little artist-run spaces in Tokyo.

Might be a good bet for booking non-rock based outfits in the future. There was a few fingerpickers of the John Fahey bent looking to play Dublin earlier this year... that space would have been perfect.

Not around. Good luck with it.

Cool little venue for such a basic set-up. I was in there last week for the Susan Geaney thing...nice, clean audio set-up. Reminds me of deadly little artist-run spaces in Tokyo.

Might be a good bet for booking non-rock based outfits in the future. There was a few fingerpickers of the John Fahey bent looking to play Dublin earlier this year... that space would have been perfect.

Yeah sound was really nice last night. We'll be doing monthly nights there in the electronics/noise/drone etc world. Next one is September 9th with Dressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back