Friday 90s rock video thread (1 Viewer)

I don't think it's a direct quote.
I've seen white used to criticise music many times,I've never understood why it could be a criticism. I questioned it and now it's going to get blown out of proportion.

Who are you quoting with those quote marks though? As i said, its fair jump from describing generic white guy 90's american rock (which is exactly what it is) and saying "So music must be non white and non american to be good?". I don't think its a reasonable escalation considering we are at large a bunch of white guys discussing bunch of white guy 90's rock band in a thread of that title.

I'm not quoting anyone in particular. It's more what I think the term implies.

To counter all the white rock.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watching the velvet goldmine the other night had me thinking of this one.

I remember the official video for this. It's a good song, contrived as fuck but sure..

What was the deal with them? They never really went anywhere after that song but I remember hearing it a lot

Yeah, they were from Cork. I can't remember hearing another song by them, but that one is good fun, very Supergrass-esque. The singer Ciaran McFeely resurfaced as Simple Kid & released two albums, the last one in 2007 (I bought it, impressed by the ballad of elton john).

From wikipedia
In early 2011, it was announced on the artist's official website that there would be no further music nor tours by Simple Kid. Despite this announcement, a new Simple Kid single, The Road, appeared for sale in Spring 2012.

From September 2019
Simple Kid shares new tracks: ‘The Last Bus Home’ & ‘Lost in Space’

Last edited:
Similar era, similar supergrass-esqueness....& similar out come. I like this tune. I have the CD single somewhere.

I have the "In my Eye" Marbles single, picked it up for about 20 pence or so in a sale in Golden Discs (Donaghmede) a lifetime ago. Decent tune actually. They look like a 2002 band rather than a 1998 band on the artwork. Just looking at it now and it was apparently released on ZTT?? The Marbles and Grace Jones.

Also the only recording I have that has a song "Live in Boyle, Roscommon". Not exactly live at Glasto.

For some reason I found myself reading through Johnny Dean's twitter yesterday. He hasn't had the best of luck. Diagnosed with aspergers as an adult, in and out of depression & now he's receiving treated for a tumour.

Here's my favourite Manics video, where they try and convince everyone that they're Bon Jovi but miserable. Lots of sunkissed band shots walking down a train line... and people dying in hospital. It's also a massive rip off of Sound & Vision but in a good way.

Similar era, similar supergrass-esqueness....& similar out come. I like this tune. I have the CD single somewhere.

This is a great song

Tony Clayton Lea wasn't a fan

"Three Irish bands played, only one of which could safely be called recent. That's not to say The Marbles were any good. On Tuesday night's showing they weren't, the Roscommon trio signed to UK-based ZTT records showing their influences more than their age. Imagine Ash raised on a stodgy diet of Jimi Hendrix Experience and Ten Years After albums and you'll have but a hint of how dull this lot were. And the drummer sings - always a bad sign. "

Remember liking that Marbels tune alright. Think they made it to the Evening Session?

Had no idea Simple Kid was in a the struts style glam affront. Brilliant. If you can't act the tit when you were young when can you?

Thought JDB was the coolest looking fucker back then. And i was right. Then he started doing all his shopping in marks and spencer from 1996.

Here's my favourite Manics video, where they try and convince everyone that they're Bon Jovi but miserable. Lots of sunkissed band shots walking down a train line... and people dying in hospital. It's also a massive rip off of Sound & Vision but in a good way.

The Quietus | News | James Dean Bradfield Shares Two New Solo Tracks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back