Fri Jan 29th - HYPE at CrawDaddy // MOODYMANN [KDJ - Detroit] (1 Viewer)

Subject

Subject presents:

HYPE at CrawDaddy
POD Complex, Harcourt St, Dublin 2
Friday January 29th 2010
MOODYMANN [KDJ - Detroit]
& Support // Doors 11pm
Adm: e18. Advance tickets:
www.tickets.ie

Moodymann [Kenny Dixon Jr.] - An introduction...

An outspoken voice in the normally non-confrontational world of electronic dance music, Moodymann [Kenny Dixon Jr.] is committed to keeping a distinctly black imprint on techno and house.

Moodymann worked at several Detroit record stores in the mid-nineties including a store owned by producer Blake Baxter. During the mid-nineties Kenny was also the resident DJ at the Detroit based Outcast Motorcycle Club. At that time he was known as "House". After his first several releases on Planet E Records Kenny became quite popular in France and from there his popularity grew.

Moodymann sound is a hybrid form of techno/house dance music arrived at via innovative use of reworked riffs, samples and grooves. While he may frustrate people with his refusal to be interviewed and insistence on reminding people of the genre's origins, the soulfulness of his output is unquestioned. Utilizing classic soul and jazz samples, low-slung bass lines and an approach to drum programming that is diametrically opposed to the tendency to push the tempo faster and faster, he has achieved classic status thanks to gems like "Sunday Morning", "Shades of Jae", and his remix of Innerzone Orchestra's "People Make the World Go Round". Following years of 12" only releases, he compiled his best work on "Silentintroduction", one of the most celebrated albums of the late 90s.

Links:
Facebook Event Page: http://tinyurl.com/ykcflh4
www.discogs.com/artist/moodymann
www.myspace.com/moodymann313
www.mahoganimusic.com
www.subjectevents.com
www.pod.ie

moodymanna3.jpg

Really disappointed. The tunes were amazing, I really like his style of djing, it was great to chat to Sweet O, Daydream Nation & Cookie Monster but what a fucking shit venue. You couldn't dance up the front it was so wedged and you could hardly hear the music at the back. I only really got into it towards the end even though the music ws great the whole way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back