Frets,fret dressing etc. (1 Viewer)

Fuck I'm torn. I don't want to do it myself really. As it's my favourite guitar (I'd really not mess up that one) but I'm not realistically gonna be able afford it for who knows how long. Damn!!!!!

Pretty sure a dressing/filing would do the job,being realistic.

Would there be someone up north who'd do it for a reasonable sum? To give you an idea, Dudley paid over €600 hundred for a full refret, I paid $325 in the US for the same amount of work. That kind of guitar work is crazy expensive here. You could well get a fretdress for a crapload less in the UK.

You should bring it to someone and find out if a fret dress will sort it, at least you'll know then.

Yeah,there's a shop in Clondalkin does repair work,I should nip down there and see what he says.

I don't think it really needs a refret. Probably just panic speaking when I noticed it was "noticable"

Some interesting tools for the job here http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Fretting_supplies/Leveling.html
Though i am sure you will already have done enough research. I would think most of these tools unessecery or cheeper alternatives could be found.
Probably a big advantage would be the wood itself that the fretboard is made of it would definitely be of a very dense and very hard type. Anyway i am not an expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back